Mockingbird Lane

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Friday, October 26, 2012

"Lily and Herman Munster move into a Victorian mansion -- that was the site of a series of grisly murders -- with their family."

NBC is airing the pilot of the Munsters reboot as part of a halloween special. The show was not picked up.

S~

As it shouldn't be picked up. This story was funny in the 60s , even campy, but it really won't work today. There are so many shows from that time that they could try to reboot and make it work today. How about Lost in Space? With all the computer cgi that have today , that show could reallly work. Especially if they went for a more serious take ,instead of the campy feel the original had.

Friday, October 26, 2012

NBC is airing the pilot of the Munsters reboot as part of a halloween special. The show was not picked up.S~

Thank God! I'll watch the pilot, but it sounds terrible. The 60's were a special time for monsters, we'll never see that again. (I hope)

President Kennedy murdered, Vietnam war, Addams Family, Munsters, worry about Russia nuking us, "duck and cover" in school, "Horror-hosts" on Saturday tv, "Dark Shadows" every weekday, yet another Kennedy murdered... There was a different kind of fear underlying everyday back then...

Yup, lots of monsters back then, both on tv and in real life!

The 50s and 60s were the golden years of TV. I can still watch Mr Ed, the Musters, Adams Family, Gilligan Island and laugh hysterically. Good family fun comedies will always be better than the current tits and ass jokes on network TV.

Being said, am giving ML a try. Probably wont have time to watch it live but will definitely DVR it..who knows, NBC might end up w/ a 'munster' hit on their hands and actually green light it.

Cheers, K

Wow. This was terrible. For once NBC did something right by not buying a whole series. I'd rather have seen "The Munsters Today."

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys App

As it shouldn't be picked up. This story was funny in the 60s , even campy, but it really won't work today. There are so many shows from that time that they could try to reboot and make it work today. How about Lost in Space? With all the computer cgi that have today , that show could reallly work. Especially if they went for a more serious take ,instead of the campy feel the original had.
The original LIS was quite serious. It wasn't until 1965 (when it went to color) that it became a kiddie-fest. There was an interview with the actor who played Dr. Smith (Johnothan Harris) explaining how he was originally supposed to be only on the pilot, but he made the perfect villain and they kept him. He explained how he saw the writing on the wall. As an actor he knew that the saboteur, seditious malcontent was wearing thin. He started to morph his character to the comic relief. Oh, the pain, the pain!

Then there was the movie from 1998. I must have been the only one who liked it! That kind of look and feel is exactly what LIS needed. Unfortunately the script of that movie didn't carry with the general public. But that look and feel is a winner.

Now, the Musnters... everyone has fond memories of that series. But it was a LOW-RATED mild success that only lasted three years. In an era with only three channels (at best), The Munsters it was #18 in the ratings in its first season and it dropped sharply after that. It is a one-joke show. We remember it as funnier than it was because we were all kids (or unborn and remember the reruns on Nick at Nite). But watching reruns now, the show is just tired.

The only shows from the 60s that stand a shot are action dramas like "Hawaii 5-0", which has a new life now. Shows like Mannix, Ironsides, Streets of San Fransisco, The Saint, heck even something like Daktari could make it now with the right tweaks. Then there is Mission:Impossible which had mild success in its TERRIBLY written 1990s revival. The movie franchise killed off Jim Phelps as a turn-coat (something I never forgave the movies for doing), but a TV reboot of the whole thing would be great!

Or the family dromedy. No... not the Brady Bunch. But things like "The Waltons" or even a properly updated "My Three Sons" could have legs.

But not The Munsters.

For some reason my Comcast box didn't record it. Had the same problem Tuesday night with my Fox comedies. I still need to check my OTA box. I don't remember if I did a backup recording on it.

S~

Fox did a pi;ot for anew series. It used to be on YouTube. Not sure if it still i.

TNGTony comes through again. Now, can you find the 2002 pilot of the time Tunnel for us?

I watched it, I really didnt't care for it. I tried real hard to like it, watched the entire thing and just couldnt get into it. Maybe I was expecting to much. I will try again,maybe it will get better.

I am going to haveto come up with something harder. You are too good.

I just watched both the LIS and Time Tunnel failed pilots. I can see why LIS didn't sell. But Time Tunnel was pretty darned cool! I barely remember the original. It didn't get much time in reruns. But the update was pretty good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)