model dtc210

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

swabbie

Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
IL
I just received this unit and plugged it in and had it hooked up. As soon as it came on there was a clicking sound and the the HDTV and power like blinked at the same time as the clicking sound.

IS it dead or did I hook something up wrong?

Thanks for your help

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

It sounds like it's toast, but maybe not. Have you tried unplugging the unit and hooking it back up? This isn't exactly a new receiver. If you call Directv they should replace it with a new one, probably at no cost.

its got to be around 10 years old; one of the oldest 2nd generation HD units; I had one of those and a Sony SAT-HD300

I had a Sony HDD200 and I still use an LG 3200a. Both are great boxes!

its got to be around 10 years old; one of the oldest 2nd generation HD units; I had one of those and a Sony SAT-HD300

There is a CNET review from January 2005, so it's about seven years old I'd guess.

Was there a similar model just before that one then; maybe the 200? I know I had that RCA HD unit before I got transferred back in 2001. Connected to a Phase II dish w/ the SAT-C kit and a great OTA.

Was there a similar model just before that one then; maybe the 200? I know I had that RCA HD unit before I got transferred back in 2001. Connected to a Phase II dish w/ the SAT-C kit and a great OTA.

Not that I'm aware of. Are you thinking of the Sony HDD200?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)