model dtc210

Status
Please reply by conversation.

swabbie

Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
IL
I just received this unit and plugged it in and had it hooked up. As soon as it came on there was a clicking sound and the the HDTV and power like blinked at the same time as the clicking sound.

IS it dead or did I hook something up wrong?

Thanks for your help

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

It sounds like it's toast, but maybe not. Have you tried unplugging the unit and hooking it back up? This isn't exactly a new receiver. If you call Directv they should replace it with a new one, probably at no cost.

its got to be around 10 years old; one of the oldest 2nd generation HD units; I had one of those and a Sony SAT-HD300

I had a Sony HDD200 and I still use an LG 3200a. Both are great boxes!

its got to be around 10 years old; one of the oldest 2nd generation HD units; I had one of those and a Sony SAT-HD300

There is a CNET review from January 2005, so it's about seven years old I'd guess.

Was there a similar model just before that one then; maybe the 200? I know I had that RCA HD unit before I got transferred back in 2001. Connected to a Phase II dish w/ the SAT-C kit and a great OTA.

Was there a similar model just before that one then; maybe the 200? I know I had that RCA HD unit before I got transferred back in 2001. Connected to a Phase II dish w/ the SAT-C kit and a great OTA.

Not that I'm aware of. Are you thinking of the Sony HDD200?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts