Modify 1000.4 Western Arc To Eastern Arc ?

I would run a check switch test to be safe. It only takes 1-3 minutes and isn't that big of a hassle.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
I frequently change locations. Sometimes I'll go from EA 1000.4 to WA Tailgater. Believe me, a check switch takes a lot longer than 1-3 minutes. Mine usually last about 35-45 minutes. Now, if you don't change anything on the dish, then the three step check switch might complete in 5 minutes or so.

30-45 minutes??? I just ran one right now on my Hopper and it look a couple minutes. The VIP may be longer, but 30 minutes is not normal. How many tests does it run?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

When you haven't made any changes to your dish setup, the switch check is fairly quick.

If you disconnect your cable to the dish and run a switch check, it will run 50 tests. Or, if you go from WA to EA or vice versa, it will try to use the previous check switch results to do the simple 3 step check. When that fails, it will go to the 50 tests check switch.

I don't know the answer to previous question of just losing one sat on EA, may not be a problem at all and only do a 3 step check.

I need the right way to point my dish to EA. On DishPointer.com all it gives is a 1000.4 eastern arc multi LNB for 61,72,77. I have a 1000.2 with only 61, 72. Attempted to follow that website but didn't get any signal at all.

A Switch Check can take a long time if the dish is properly pointed as the timeout on each satellite/transponder combination can really rack-up time

Changed to EA LNBs on my 1000.2. Attempted to reposition satellite to face EA sats. I have no signal. Error code 530. Connection issue with switches? What is possibly the problem?

Changed to EA LNBs on my 1000.2. Attempted to reposition satellite to face EA sats. I have no signal. Error code 530. Connection issue with switches? What is possibly the problem?

Corey, when you change from WA to EA, run a switch check with the dish not connected. When it's done, save the result. This will reset the check switch to no sats. Then, connect the cable and aim the dish to the 72 sat with the setup parameters for all three EA sats. This should bring a signal from each sat. You can then tweak to the two sats you are trying to maximize.

Corey, when you change from WA to EA, run a switch check with the dish not connected. When it's done, save the result. This will reset the check switch to no sats. Then, connect the cable and aim the dish to the 72 sat with the setup parameters for all three EA sats. This should bring a signal from each sat. You can then tweak to the two sats you are trying to maximize.
Ok, I did the unplugging of the input then checked switch. It did a 38 step test. Then it comes up and says save or retest. I save. Then I plugged the input back in with my dish pointed toward EA. Then I ran test again and it did a 2 step test and then said there is a connection error with the switches or something like that.

Ok, I did the unplugging of the input then checked switch. It did a 38 step test. Then it comes up and says save or retest. I save. Then I plugged the input back in with my dish pointed toward EA. Then I ran test again and it did a 2 step test and then said there is a connection error with the switches or something like that.

Which lnb are you connected to? Give your zip code and what settings you're using.

I purchased the Twin LNB for 1000.2 DPP. On my test summary graph it says ".2 EA w/Separator " where it says switch.It's only got LNBs for 61.5 and 72. My zip code is 71854. Keep in mind when my Dish Network was originally set up I was in Western Arc. But now I'm going to the Eastern Arc due to HD Locals.

I purchased the Twin LNB for 1000.2 DPP. On my test summary graph it says ".2 EA w/Separator " where it says switch.It's only got LNBs for 61.5 and 72. My zip code is 71854. Keep in mind when my Dish Network was originally set up I was in Western Arc. But now I'm going to the Eastern Arc due to HD Locals.

Are you connecting your cable to Port #1 on the lnb? Are you using Elevation of 45, Skew of 61, and Azimuth of 143?

Do you have this manual.................... http://horizonent.net/uploads/1000_2_EA_Twin_LNBF_Deployment.pdf

Are you connecting your cable to Port #1 on the lnb? Are you using Elevation of 45, Skew of 61, and Azimuth of 143?

Do you have this manual.................... http://horizonent.net/uploads/1000_2_EA_Twin_LNBF_Deployment.pdf
We have one coaxial cord plugged into port 1 which looks to be 72.7. The other two are not plugged into anything. We tried adjust to those settings however the skew on the back of the dish has 2 screws on each side and we can't skew at that angle. Because the bottom screws prevent it. However we have a tall oak tree sort of in front of the signal but there are open areas in the tree. So we should be picking up something. But it just keeps saying there is a connection issue.

We have one coaxial cord plugged into port 1 which looks to be 72.7. The other two are not plugged into anything. We tried adjust to those settings however the skew on the back of the dish has 2 screws on each side and we can't skew at that angle. Because the bottom screws prevent it. However we have a tall oak tree sort of in front of the signal but there are open areas in the tree. So we should be picking up something. But it just keeps saying there is a connection issue.

Why haven't you just called Dish for a repoint by now? The whole job is a 20 minute one at most, and if you haven't gotten it done by now, you aren't likely to anytime soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts