Momentary picture freeze

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
This has become really annoying. It used to be mostly on TCM but it's now just about every channel. There is a momentary freezing and breakup of the picture and sound then it's right back to normal. New receivers (Wally), new TV's (3 of them) and no improvement. Since it can be recorded it appears to come with the feed. The same glitch at the same point appears on two different Wallys at the same exact time which should eliminate the receivers and EHDs. Anybody else seeing this? It reminds me of the old days years ago when PC video cards would try to re-sync the frame rate every now and then when playing a movie.

This has become really annoying. It used to be mostly on TCM but it's now just about every channel. There is a momentary freezing and breakup of the picture and sound then it's right back to normal. New receivers (Wally), new TV's (3 of them) and no improvement. Since it can be recorded it appears to come with the feed. The same glitch at the same point appears on two different Wallys at the same exact time which should eliminate the receivers and EHDs. Anybody else seeing this? It reminds me of the old days years ago when PC video cards would try to re-sync the frame rate every now and then when playing a movie.
Hello! It sounds like there may be some issues going on there with the signal, especially since it's recording this way, and we'd like to look into that further. Please call or chat with us through mydish.com/support/contact, or send us a private message to our Facebook (Messenger), or a DM to our Twitter, @Dish_Answers.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have noticed this on my Joey 3 for the last month at least, sometimes a freeze, other times a very small jump forward in the show. There is no weather issue or anything else that "should" be causing a signal issue. It was initially on TCM but maybe that was just because I watch a lot of TCM. I have noticed it on other channels as well (EPIX, Sony, MGM, etc...).

Oh, yes, it happens with me, but only certain channels. Although, as of today, I have not seen it lately. IMHO, maybe Dish is cramming more content on the transponders and the statistical multiplexing is having a hard time keeping things right. Dish will likely make adjustments. I have often seen this problem occur coming from a commercial and from black, although fewer times while action is occurring, but not a lot of action.

This freezing problem has been happening on Turner Classic Movies for years. The only channel I see it on. Random picture freezes without any disturbance to audio. I posted about it ages ago but it was never fixed. Good luck.

I'm only seeing it on TCM and it's been an issue for years I think.