Mom's Christmas gift

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
Amazingly my Mom is getting into the world of FTA. Right now she has my 7.5' mesh sami C/Ku dish with a venture 36" arm, Fortec Ultra FTA receiver, V-box 4, 4DTV dsr-905. She has a W5 Sub on the 4DTV.

Her locals come from an Over the air antenna w/ samsung OTA HD receiver connected to her HD tv. Her HDTV does not have a digital tuner internally.

I ordered her a Pansat 9200HD and the pansat s2 kit. The pansat 9200 can take the place of her Over the air receiver and fortec ultra. Plus when I scan in new channels with my pansat, I can easily update her channel list with the USB jump drive.

I think she will like it.

I found a vendor who is a legit person (I don't think they sell hackware) where they are selling the 9200 HD receivers for 300.00.
I got the S2 pansat kit from Rick's website.

Overall I feel like I got a pretty good deal and I am excited about getting it setup for her. She will have to re learn the menu's since they are different from her Fortec.:D

You know as time goes on I have noticed she needs me less and less. She is over 60 years old so she certainly cannot lift and tug on a big dish but she is starting to really find her way around the menus and the v-box.

She is getting the hang of blind scanning too. She can't quite remember where all the channels are located (which satellites) but I made here some index cards that are just hand written. Of course the V-box moves automatically when she flips channels.

Her system works really well.
I think she will like the pansat 9200 better since it will really clean up her entertainment center. The pansat will delete her over the air tuner box ( I need it actually) and one less remote control to fumble with.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts