Monday - Bloody - Monday : Voom's D-Day in less than 48 hours

gutter said:
The Mommas and the Papas would be proud of you. Actually, I once spoke to the guy that wrote that song for them. What a trip. Actually he was on a "trip" (if you know what I mean) when he wrote it. Ahh the '70's.
: Very Good but that Song was in sang in 1966 ahh the 60's

Sean Mota said:
torn apart as in we did not get Rainbow 1.
Ah, we won't find that out until probably the end of April. Unless both parties agree under 5.1(i) of their Satellite Sales Agreement.

But I am enjoying the music in this thread ...

The gates and doors were barred
All the windows fastened down
The board it met in secrecy
While we waited for a sound
We hoped we see no turmoil
As we saw last week ...
And when the meetings were over
There would be good words to speak.

Late in the evening
I heard something on the web
The posts began to come fast
Opinions were being said
I hurred to the Voom website
Looking for official word ...
Expecting some more bad news
That the Dolans were not heard.

There was nothing new there
But I read it anyways
And Sean stood there beside me
In our cyber sorta way
We clicked upon the GET IT tab
And we saw something strange ...
The site indeed showed something new
The words had been arranged.

We both ran to the forum
And Sean ran on ahead
We found many posts on the change
Just the way the website said
But the website changes that we seen
Wer just an empty shell ...
What really happened with the board
Was more than we could tell.

Something strange was happening
Just what we did not know
Sean believed a miracle
But I just said "think slow"
Circumstance and speculation
Couldn't lift me very high ...
For I'd seen the boards old actions
That said that Voom must die.

Back on the site again
The anger and furor grew
People with the set top box
Knew not what to do
Those that were more rational
Said wait until the morn ...
And Sean and Scott were busy
Many posters they did warn.

Suddenly, the web was filled
With words that were not doom
And the truth we had been waiting for
Stepped into the room
Mr Charles Dolan
Came to this very place ...
While some denied is presence
A statement he would make.

He said "thanks for your support"
And as we read his words some cried
"The reports of Voom's impending death
Have been over simplified
We have gone through many chalenges
To get us to this day ...
But I am happy to report to all
That Voom is here to stay."

Voom's Alive - Voom's Alive
Voom's Alive and I have HD
And we all can breathe a sigh
repeats

With apologies to Don Fransisco

JL

One more....

The silicon chip inside her head.
Gets switched to overload,
And nobody's gonna go to school today,
She's going to make them stay at home,
And daddy doesn't understand it,
He always said she was as good as gold,
And he can see no reason.
Cos there are no reasons.
What reason do you need to be shown.

Tell me why.
I Dont't like Mondays.
I want to shoot.
The whole day down.

The Telex machine is kept so clean.
As it types to a waiting world,
And Mother feels so shocked,
Father's world is rocked,
And their thoughts turn to.
Their own little girl.
Sweet 16 ain't that peachy keen,
No, it ain't so neat to admit defeat,
They can see no reasons.
Cos there are no reasons.
What reason do you need to be shown,Br.

Tell me why.
I Dont't like Mondays.
I want to shoot.
The whole day down.

All the playing's stopped in the playground now
She wants to play with her toys a while
And school's out early and soon we'll be learning
And the lesson today is how to die,
And then the bullhorn crackles,
And the captain crackles,
With the problems and the how's and why's
And he can see no reasons
Cos there are no reasons
What reason do you need to die

The silicon chip ...

Tell me why...

Sean...I swear that you will do anthing to keep the posts coming and the VOOM story fresh on a no news weekend. Nice fun.

kelljc said:
: Very Good but that Song was in sang in 1966 ahh the 60's

I stand corrected...you are right. Just wanted me make myself 10 years younger I guess.

New? News

I have been a lurker on this board for some time and decided that I should let all of you know how much I have enjoyed the info and banter going on for the last few months - great source of VOOM info....

I am a charter member of VOOM (ordered Dec. 2003) and have enjoyed over a year of the best HD money can buy. I still own all of my equipment and, if the worst happens and VOOM closes down, am ready to write off the expense to the great experience. Come on - most all of us on this board are technical junkies and have experienced the thrill of "being first" and sometimes the disappointments of watching the cost of technology that we embraced and piloted drop like a rock - or worse - disappear due to the lack of broad appeal. I lost a lot more money on my 50" plasma from buying it two years ago than I will ever lose to being one of first to jump onto the VOOM bandwagon. Such is the addiction / thrill of being a "first adapter".

That being said - I really hope that Charles can pull this off. I just grabbed this article off the web - haven't seen it posted yet. Seems to verify some of the speculation that has been voiced on this board.

Cablevision Chairman Charles Dolan is seeking to save its struggling satellite TV service VOOM by a co-operative deal with EchoStar, which is set to take over the Rainbow 1 satellite in a $200m deal.

Dolan planned to approach EchoStar to negotiate an arrangement in which the Rainbow-1 satellite supporting VOOM's service could be "brought" together with the VOOM business outside of Cablevision. The other directors of Cablevision said: "For our part, we agreed to support a delay in the shutdown of VOOM for a short period while you engage in those discussions and that if you are able to negotiate such an arrangement with EchoStar on terms satisfactory to us, we would be prepared to renew discussions with you for a sale of the VOOM business".

It's unclear how Dolan would gain use of the Rainbow 1 satellite, if he could get access to the satellite at all, or even if a deal was actually discussed between the Cablevision chairman and EchoStar. Cablevision released the records of discussions through a Securities and Exchange Commission filing.

Cablevision has also revealed that the Securities and Exchange Commission is conducting an informal inquiry into the trading of its securities and has requested information concerning the suspension of its Rainbow Media service.

I predict that Monday, March 7, will be the busiest day ever on Satelliteguys.US, and will hold that record for years to come -- whether Voom succeeds or fails.

I plan to check here every 15 minutes. The clock is ticking....

GO CHUCK!!
GO VOOM!!

Is that a rational voice I hear???

...What the hell are you doing here, fella (or gal!)? :D I'm in 100% agreement with you.

I'm not one of the "tech junkies" but I must admit I have felt a certain thrill on having been on the fringes of his revolution. I subscribed, I quit, I'm in process of being re-subscribed. It was, and IS in my limited knowledge (only Cable HD...totally miserable offering my area) the best there is. I'm glad I got to see it once, and hope I get to see it for a long time in the future.

I had not seen what you posted, and a reference link to the source would be very helpful to newbies and skeptics (...and I fall in both categories). There are lots of new posters here who are trying to figure things out.

I know at this point, there's nothing to do but wait for the smoke to clear, because it won't be decided by any of us, but a link would make it a little easier to help evaluate the circumstances for some who have not been following things for as long as most.

1080iBeVuMin said:
I predict that Monday, March 7, will be the busiest day ever on Satelliteguys.US, and will hold that record for years to come -- whether Voom succeeds or fails.

I plan to check here every 15 minutes. The clock is ticking....

GO CHUCK!!
GO VOOM!!
I agree with your prediction, but don't plan to be that vigilant...my booze and tobacco budgets can't handle any more strain this quarter!! :no

I'll be doing my little musical mantra and praying to whatever powers that be...trying to stay, what do the "new agers" call it??...Centered? Vicki :D

GO CHUCK...YOU CAN DO IT!!!

1080iBeVuMin said:
I predict that Monday, March 7, will be the busiest day ever on Satelliteguys.US,
Even bigger than last year when stills and some clips of Janet's "wardrobe malfunction" were posted? That nearly killed the site on hits and bandwidth.

I do expect Monday evening to be vibrant.
(And considerering that at 1:10am on Monday morning there are 99 viewing with 42 registered in the Voom News forum, we can count on an over 500 reading at the same time thread.)

JL

Good Luck Chuck

I wanted to get this painted before the showdown...

normal_Sheff2005_Dolan.jpg

Sheff
www.sheff.com

Well, I guess by this evening or tomorrow we know what the outcome is going to be. Just standing by and waiting.

hbk409...didn't know that you played an art critic in real life? lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)