Flash!!!! There will be no official statement on Monday

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
bryan27 said:
Great post. Can I use it at jimdolansucks? Like you I am getting tired of all this waiting.
Hello there, Are you a Voom Sub?. did a quick check can't see you. on the Sub question.

gutter said:
I agree that it would be in the short term interests of stockholders but not the longterm interests. Stockholders bought shares in the company based on the history and insight of C. Dolan and company. They trusted his judgment and he has shown that he beats Wallstreet conservative thinking almost every time. They knew the ground rules and the personal stock control C. Dolan could exercise at any moment when they bought the stock. ( or at least they should) His control and right to exercise that control has always been a matter of public record.
Only one problem cablevision is a "cable" company Their best interests rlie on Vooms failure. Maybe if Voom gets bought out by another company(non cable) hopefully they will grow and flourish and maybe a true third satellite company may be created

juan said:
Only one problem cablevision is a "cable" company Their best interests rlie on Vooms failure. Maybe if Voom gets bought out by another company(non cable) hopefully they will grow and flourish and maybe a true third satellite company may be created
I very much agree with this poster?. too many want Voom to fail : " Why "

juan said:

Who said CVC is just a cable company? Boy do you got it wrong. How about programing channels such and IFC, AMC and WE? That is a programmer. How about sports teams? Also Radio City Music Hall or Madison Square Garden? If you didn't see my edited post earlier take a look at this recent quote from the sporting press today.

"In the best interest of stockholders and fans, the best thing you would hope is that the Garden could be sold and put into better hands," said Bob Gutkowski, CEO of Criterion Sports and Entertainment Inc. and a former Garden president. "Short of that, maybe it would be a better fit if [Araskog and Biondi] kept an eye on Jimmy."

Another sports business executive, who asked not to be identified, agreed, saying, "Rand and Frank are around to rein in Jimmy."

gutter said:
Who said CVC is just a cable company? Boy do you got it wrong. How about programing channels such and IFC, AMC and WE? That is a programmer. How about sports teams? Also Radio City Music Hall or Madison Square Garden? If you didn't see my edited post earlier take a look at this recent quote from the sporting press today.

"In the best interest of stockholders and fans, the best thing you would hope is that the Garden could be sold and put into better hands," said Bob Gutkowski, CEO of Criterion Sports and Entertainment Inc. and a former Garden president. "Short of that, maybe it would be a better fit if [Araskog and Biondi] kept an eye on Jimmy."

Another sports business executive, who asked not to be identified, agreed, saying, "Rand and Frank are around to rein in Jimmy."
Same ole, Same ole: who care's about cablevison, Wer're about Voom, don't you agree>

I agree we are about VOOM but VOOM will not exist unless Cablevision agrees to sell it to the Dolan's. So for now they are tied to the rest of the CVC holdings.

gutter said:
I agree we are about VOOM but VOOM will not exist unless Cablevision agrees to sell it to the Dolan's. So for now they are tied to the rest of the CVC holdings.
I agree: but if the power wishes that Voom should be: then Cablevison is weight to drop. just depends on how much money the power wants to lose. not the investor. after all the stockmarket is nothing more then blackjack at LAS Vegas. take your best shot. Don't you Agree.

gutter said:
After the dust settles, VOOM will continue to exist, but maybe not in a form that's recognizable by today's customers. More than likely it will be as a content provider to cable and DBS systems.

mdonnelly said:
After the dust settles, VOOM will continue to exist, but maybe not in a form that's recognizable by today's customers. More than likely it will be as a content provider to cable and DBS systems.
Boy I hope Not: for that is a losing way to go?. it's the money way. The money way is to keep on ,Keep on , until the fat lady sings.

juan said:
Only one problem cablevision is a "cable" company Their best interests rlie on Vooms failure.
That's like saying IBM was just a typewriter company and shouldn't have gotten into the computer business.

juan said:

charles has been saying since the early 90's the satellite is the way of the future and a much more effiecient delivery means. this is why i personally feel that cablevision will be up for sale in due time. what i am more interested in is the damage that charles comments could have on the whole cable industry, having the person that basically made cable tv what it is today saying that satellite is a better way to get tv. the could have a major effect on not only cablevision but all cable providers. think of it like this bill gates comes out says he is going to start using macs instead of pc as they have better operating systems, what would the impact of something like that would have on all the pc manufactures

kelljc said:
after all the stockmarket is nothing more then blackjack at LAS Vegas. take your best shot. Don't you Agree.

I must disagree.

Blackjack is a stable and predictible process, there is little or no variable based upon human intervention.

In fact, blackjack is the only game in Vegas, where the odds can be in the favor of the player. This is rooted in the the 150% payout on a "Blackjack".

If a player understands "basic Strategy", uses good "money management", is able to proficiently "count cards", and bets within a range that will not bring undo scrutiny from the house, the player over a long enough time will succeed.

The Stock market on the other hand, is variable based upon personal agendas, stupid decisions, investments by idiots, giving money to idiots, and being regulated by idiots. (No personal attacks intended).

Enron and Tyco are prime examples, how many people invested in these companies, NOT because they understood and agreed with the management principles and longterm outlook (Idiots). And these people complain because when the managers of these companies were given these gifts of millions or billions of dollars, as honorarium on their alter decided to spend some of it for themselves in the form of gold bathroom fixtures. . . and the SEC can't find a regulation, nor ever wrote a regulation that would limit this type of stupidity. . . Who's fault is it that the investor lost their money?

But I digress.

I live in Vegas, I used to occasionally play blackjack, and would win. But, when I read enough about how to win, to find out that to understands "basic Strategy", use good "money management", proficiently "count cards", and bets within a range that will not bring undo scrutiny from the house, you could make about $5 per hour, I decided I hated the game more than I like the wins.

riffjim4069 said:
Yes, please do. Great website by the way. :D

Thank's. I'm waiting for the board metting's announcement before I add more to the site.

kelljc said:
Hello there, Are you a Voom Sub?. did a quick check can't see you. on the Sub question.

Uh, yes, I thought that was well known. I've been one for almost a year now :D Was that "sub section" or "sub question"? I have a quote on the sub section. It's #2 under Vicki's. My profile has VOOM as my "satellite company" :)

More on the "NO WORD ISSUE"

Voom fate may rest with EchoStar

Cablevision's chairman wants to keep its high- definition service despite a pending satellite sale.

By Kimberly S. Johnson
Denver Post Staff Writer

EchoStar Communications Corp. chief executive Charlie Ergen may control the fate of a fledgling satellite-TV service owned by a major cable company.

EchoStar, based in Douglas County, agreed to purchase Cablevision System Corp.'s Rainbow 1 broadcast satellite for $200 million in January.

But Cablevision chairman Charles Dolan wants to buy the high-definition Voom service from Cablevision despite the pending satellite sale.

Dolan, to the dismay of Cablevision board members who successfully voted to shut down Voom, is said to be in talks with Ergen to either buy back the satellite or lease it to continue serving Voom's 46,000 subscribers.

Ergen "will exact every pound of flesh he can. It has to be worth his while," said Paul Maxwell, chairman of Golden- based Media Business Corp., which publishes newsletters about the cable and satellite industry.

Last week, Dolan ousted three board members who opposed Voom, replacing them with stronger allies, including John Malone, chairman of Liberty Media Corp., based in Douglas County.

Cablevision's new board met Monday but reportedly took no action on Voom.

EchoStar bought the satellite to provide additional programming and services, such as local and high-definition programming, to its 11 million Dish Network subscribers.

EchoStar officials had no comment Monday when asked about the status of the Voom deal or talks with Dolan.

The satellite purchase still needs approval from the Federal Communications Commission.

"It's hard to see how they can stay in operation and not experience a service disruption without some assistance from EchoStar," said Bob Scherman, editor and publisher of Satellite Business News.

James Dolan, the CEO of Cablevision and son of Charles Dolan, opposes keeping Voom alive. Last year, Voom reported a loss of $661.4 million.

"Voom has really failed in the market. It's been an albatross on the (Cablevision) stock," said Matthew Harrigan, managing director for Janco Partners Inc. in Greenwood Village.

Cablevision, based on Long Island, N.Y., serves 2.9 million cable subscribers, primarily in the New York area.

Staff writer Kimberly S. Johnson can be reached at 303-820-1088 or kjohnson@denverpost.com.

Story from Denver Post Here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts