Monk

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Max Fisher

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
Starting a new thread because of the new episodes starting August 7th! And on top of that it's the final season ever for Monk? What do you all think about that? I'm really excited to tie up all the loose ends, especially Trudy's murder.

Starting a new thread because of the new episodes starting August 7th! And on top of that it's the final season ever for Monk? What do you all think about that? I'm really excited to tie up all the loose ends, especially Trudy's murder.
Frankly, the show has gone downhill the past couple of years.

One of the signs is the use of impossible or unlikely coincidence.

This is when Monk witnesses a murder or is involved with a murder.

I grew up in the inner city, was robbed at knife point, my next door neighbor hung himself in the parking garage, but despite that, I never witnessed a murder, no have I ever met someone who witnessed a murder.

But that's just one sign. Generally, it is getting very repetitive.

Most TV shows in the USA run too long, because they are viewed as a meal ticket rather than an artistic creation.

One of the best TV shows of the last few years was "Jekyll" - which was 6 episodes long - but did not feel short. A few years prior to that was "State of Play" which told a very intricate and well developed story - again in only 6 episodes (and was recently remade as a Hollywood movie).

PS It is hard to care about a character that has been portrayed by four different actresses. :rolleyes:

It's hard to prevent any TV series from succumbing to hardening of the arteries. That's because producers are constantly wrestling with the creative dilemma: if we make changes we may kick some life into the show but we may risk losing our dedicated audience.

With Monk, I would probably have tried to unearth some new qualities about the character that would have played off his existing quirks. Instead the creative team has preferred to try to inject some life into the supporting characters. Unfortunately, because they are weak, dramatically, this has proved difficult.

Stottlemyre's divorce yielded an interesting story line with his new girlfriend, for a while, but this was ended quickly. Natalie has never developed as a character, and Randy is two-dimensional as well. And now that it's the last season, it's too late.

No one ever said the series was perfect, but I've still found it to be more entertaining than most of the fare you see these days. I will miss it.

Through out the years the show has gotten a lot of nominations, so I think in terms of quality, the show has held up through out the years. And as far as this being the last season, I think they're going to really pull out all the stops, and should have some really quality episodes. No sense in holding back now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts