12 Monkeys on SyFy

Excellent.

Now I wonder if the creators had some sort of master plan for a multi-year series or if they'll being making it up as they go.
Maybe they'll role back(or forward) the year that the virus pandemic hits,2017.........2018..........2019,etc.....
Also I'm guessing that the reason that Jones killed what's his name,who discovered a cure for the current mutation of the virus,was so that she could get her daughter back if they can stop the virus in the past.

Maybe they'll role back(or forward) the year that the virus pandemic hits,2017.........2018..........2019,etc.....
Also I'm guessing that the reason that Jones killed what's his name,who discovered a cure for the current mutation of the virus,was so that she could get her daughter back if they can stop the virus in the past.

I agree it's likely Jones' daughter will come in to play eventually.

Did you notice after he splintered back to 2043 that Cassie's watch no longer had the scratch on the face of the glass? I wonder what that means?

I agree it's likely Jones' daughter will come in to play eventually.
That seems to be all that motivates Katrina ,is getting her daughter back by preventing the entire plague in the first place. Definitely different than the movie version in 95.

Did anybody ever watch the movie "Predestination" with Ethan Hawke? I wonder if 12 Monkeys is following that pattern of everything that happens on the show was meant to happen. The plague was meant to happen,& no matter what they do,it'll still happen because of "destiny." No matter what happens,Cassie is still meant to die in 2017,or a year later if 12 Monkeys is still on in 2017. You can keep rolling the virus outbreak back another year into the future(depending on how long 12 Monkeys stays on the air),but it will still happen & Cassie will still die. I wouldn't be surprised if the series finale of this show,when it goes off the air,will be them looping everything back to the pilot episode when the series first started. Here are 2 mind f**k ideas,what if Katrina Jones is really Jennifer Goines,or related to her,AND Jose Ramse is the Witness in the past(I think after the next episode,this will be more plausible)?

But why would history reset back ? Explain in your opinion, please.
Going back to message #66 that I posted,everything on 12 Monkeys that happened was predestined to happen. The scratch on Carrie's watch had to disappear to maintain continuity of the timeline. NOW,if there is a season 3 in the ACTUAL year 2017,they'll really have to get creative then in the plotline. Although,look how long it stayed 2004 on Lost for how many seasons?

It is a time travel show, they could still go to 2015 in 2017, there is no need to change the dates (i.e. moving it forward). All they would have to do by series end is stop the plague in the past and even if the series is still on in 2019, the plague never happened...

It seems to me that no matter what Cole is doing in the past , it isn't changing the virus from happening . It may be delayed from the original date ,but it is still happening. Maybe he should go back to 1987 and shoot anyone connected to the virus and stop it there. Like Leland Goines and in turn prevent his crazy daughter Jennifer from being born. Since she is playing the Brad Pitt role from the original movie -the guy who releases the virus effected monkeys to the public and starts the plague. Trying to stop it closer to the time it actually happens , is not working.

It seems to me that no matter what Cole is doing in the past , it isn't changing the virus from happening . It may be delayed from the original date ,but it is still happening. Maybe he should go back to 1987 and shoot anyone connected to the virus and stop it there. Like Leland Goines and in turn prevent his crazy daughter Jennifer from being born. Since she is playing the Brad Pitt role from the original movie -the guy who releases the virus effected monkeys to the public and starts the plague. Trying to stop it closer to the time it actually happens , is not working.

You must not have seen Friday's episode yet. ;) The problem is even if he goes all the way back to the "discovery" and he kills everyone linked to it and destroys the ancient corpse, the show can still say, "Oh, a sherpa on the archaeological expedition took a sample from the corpse without anyone knowing, and the Army of 12 Monkeys got a hold of it and developed the virus themselves."

You must not have seen Friday's episode yet. ;) The problem is even if he goes all the way back to the "discovery" and he kills everyone linked to it and destroys the ancient corpse, the show can still say, "Oh, a sherpa on the archaeological expedition took a sample from the corpse without anyone knowing, and the Army of 12 Monkeys got a hold of it and developed the virus themselves."

To be honest I wasn't watching too closely this last episode. I was trying to do other stuff while it was on. I missed it if they were talking about sherpas.

To be honest I wasn't watching too closely this last episode. I was trying to do other stuff while it was on. I missed it if they were talking about sherpas.

I was making a joke about the sherpa. I was referring to your comment that maybe he should go back to 1987, which is where he was sent at the end of the episode.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Season finale tonight. I'm two episodes behind so sometime this weekend will be a mini 12 Monkeys binge. :)

I had heard good things so I set up a one pass on the Tivo. A couple weeks ago. I was happy to check my to do list and see that SyFy was running a marathon on it probably to get people caught up for the season finale. For some reason they started this mini-marathon with episode 3 so after today I'll have episodes 3-13 but no 1 or 2.

I may have to bite the bullet and just buy episode 1 and 2 on iTunes or Amazon Instant so I can finally get into this series.

Edit: I didn't actually read any of the posts in this thread except for the one I quoted. Hopefully people are liking the show but I was being pretty careful not to read spoilers so I guess I don't actually know.

Edit: I didn't actually read any of the posts in this thread except for the one I quoted. Hopefully people are liking the show but I was being pretty careful not to read spoilers so I guess I don't actually know.

I too skipped to the end of the thread for my post. Most if not all of the comments earlier have been complimentary. I really enjoy the show.

Interesting finale; even more twists; so the blue guys are the 12 Monkeys?

It appears that way, but what do they want with the time machine?

Definitely some interesting twists over the last three episodes. I don't think it was suggested before the machine could be used to send someone forward in time.

After watching this week's episode I think their best course of action is to, once they get a new core in 2043, send Cole back far enough to stop Percy. Now that he's finally made an appearance, it's obvious Percy is behind the whole plague in the first place. Amanda probably designed the virus in order to cover up some botched Division assassination attempt in the Middle East. Ryan Fletcher can use his government connections to figure out exactly where and when it happened and then let Birkhoff, er um, I mean Cole, know so he can jump there. Unless I'm missing something. :D

Following my earlier line of speculation, now that we know Ari Tasarov is involved, it's safe to assume Percy is in fact the Witness.:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)