Monsters HD online petition

It will be a long time before a channel like Monsters comes around for us horror fans. Some have tried but for various reasons none seem to take off (horror channel). For me the unedited/commercial free experience is what made this channel special. I probably wouldn't like this channel all that much if it wasn't unedited and free of commercials. Hopefully, we will have it again sometime/somewhere.

Im not sure why voom, maybe they are, are not going after national accounts. To reach the masses.

Uverse, Direc tv, comcast...They should give special rates. Get an ad camagin back and flood with great promotion.

Tout the fact they are the only true''24hr'' hd suite!

They have a great product! Everyone should know of them!!

Im not sure why voom, maybe they are, are not going after national accounts. To reach the masses.

Uverse, Direc tv, comcast...They should give special rates. Get an ad camagin back and flood with great promotion.

Tout the fact they are the only true''24hr'' hd suite!

They have a great product! Everyone should know of them!!

I just think that 15 channels is way too much for anyone to pick up. No one has the space. I would market Monsters by itself along with a few others.

Well maybe we will get lucky that Monsters is part of the 20 HD Temp channels uplinked today.

Please Please!

I'll run my ass out and get a new 750G Hard Drive and pay the $40 activation fee if they turn that back on.

Oh I hope I'm right about Charlie strong arming Voom into compliance.

A little tiny Monsters HD hope to cling to - but hope is hope

Please Please!

I'll run my ass out and get a new 750G Hard Drive and pay the $40 activation fee if they turn that back on.

Oh I hope I'm right about Charlie strong arming Voom into compliance.

A little tiny Monsters HD hope to cling to - but hope is hope

I feel your pain!!! Im with you!!!

MONSTERHD! PLEASE!!

I think Monsters is without doubt the most popular voom channel.

Just the number of hits and posts in this thread speaks volumes.

DISH had to add a special HD Telephone Complaint Line - LOL

I used it to bitch out DISH again and said I would call as often as I wanted to bitch about Monsters HD.

It was actually very fun, I knew every response I was going to get by reading the threads here so I was able to verbally and intelligently slap down all their excuses and put them in their place.

Hopefully someone will get to listen to that hour-long customer service recording.

There has to be a way to reach Charlies ear that there are some VERY unhappy customers-who will spread the gospel on how we are being treated\ignored.

Trust me this will spread like wild fire. Very bad press for Dish. They have dumped on some
very loyal customers who spend a ton of money on their service.

There has to be a way to reach Charlies ear that there are some VERY unhappy customers-who will spread the gospel on how we are being treated\ignored.

Trust me this will spread like wild fire. Very bad press for Dish. They have dumped on some
very loyal customers who spend a ton of money on their service.
Want Charlie to hear you? Cancel your subscription or peel your programming back to the bear minimum. Charlie hears $$$.

I hope it all works out in the end, I mean out of all the National HD they want to add we just want one back. I would like more but I would settle for MonsterHD.

Want Charlie to hear you? Cancel your subscription or peel your programming back to the bear minimum. Charlie hears $$$.

Oh, I am and I told them that.

I just have to do all the quantum mathematics to figure out what I'm cutting back and how that is going to affect me short of switching to DirecTV.

1) Faze One: Bitching and Complaining
2) Faze Two: Cutting Back on programming in $10 increments, making them note the loss is due to Voom removal
3) Faze Three: Switch to DirecTV

If I knew the launch dates of Dish satellites and there is one more failure in a launch, I'll just switch to DirecTV.

For me, it's all about the new satellites now.

It seems pretty clear that they failed in a launch this year and had to rape the Voom satellite to prevent DirecTV from taking over the HD market.

Dish can't even launch a bird, and DirecTV is now 2 years ahead in this area. This factor cancels out the Dish DVR advantage IMHO.

Hey I watched Equator too! Monsters, Rave. I really didn't watch them enough to pay attention to realizing there was never any new content. But I was sort of bummed when we lost them. At least some of them. Oh well. I still love Dish.

I was a big fan of Equator, so was my wife my love of horror is bigger than equator. I would love to have both.

Hey I watched Equator too! Monsters, Rave. I really didn't watch them enough to pay attention to realizing there was never any new content. But I was sort of bummed when we lost them. At least some of them. Oh well. I still love Dish.

That is why when I cut my programming I will tell them it is because of the removal of VOOM. I've said Monsters HD was my favorite, but I am complaining about all of VOOM being removed.

All VOOM fans should support each other, even if we didn't watch each others channels.

I'm more than happy to form a Monsters HD alliance with Galley HD and RAVE and all other VOOM fans and support their channels too.

Lets hope that they work this thing out...I mean dish owns 20% of voom. Why destroy that 20%???
To be honest, the 20% provided E* with no income stream. However, it should be interesting to find out what happens to E*'s 20% now that they've termined the agreement...although their 20% ownership could have been tied-in with the sale of the Rainbow-1 satellite and uplink facilities.

Lets hope that they work this thing out...I mean dish owns 20% of voom. Why destroy that 20%???

I have this bad feeling that Charlie is forcing compliance or bankruptcy onto Voom so that no one else will pick them up. It would be a nightmare for Dish if DirecTV (especially) or other cable companies did pick-up Voom.

I think Charlie would destroy his 20% to prevent further damage from this move.

Us voomers really cannot retaliate. Dish is equal to DirecTV now so their is no motivation to switch. But if someone picked up Voom, we could easily switch and Charlie then would feel the financial consequences of dissing the voomers this way.

Unfortunately, Charlie is too smart sometimes.

I guess that is why he is CEO. Well lets hope they are trying to force Voom into a deal. I have to agree though if Voom goes to another company I will switch over.

To be honest, the 20% provided E* with no income stream. However, it should be interesting to find out what happens to E*'s 20% now that they've termined the agreement...although their 20% ownership could have been tied-in with the sale of the Rainbow-1 satellite and uplink facilities.

according to most of the news reports the 20% ownership was a direct result of the purchase of the satellite and uplink in Jan 2005. The affiliation agreement (15 channels for 15 years) happened in November. It clearly grew out of that sale but it did not occur until several months later.

BTW DISH started carrying I believe 10 VOOM channels in i believe April of 2005. At that point I believe that there were still 21 VOOM channels. The downsize to 15 and the agreement were roughly contemporaneous.

I have to agree with other posters that since the 20% stake in VOOM has never generated any income for DISH it is unlikely that they are concerned about any loss in value to that asset. It is likely that they stand to gain far more by eliminating 12 years of payments to VOOM than they ever could have obtained in income from that asset. I suspect that the only VOOM assets DISH ever really wanted were the Satellite, the licenses, and the uplink center and they control those now anyway.

Last edited:

Adding 118.7 or 148 to Existing 722 w/3 head LNB

Editing on Unihd/Bravo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts