Monsters HD online petition

cognitive77

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 1, 2007
It has been a week since this petition has gone "live" and yet only 1,300 signatures? I think this petition is just showing that Dish (and Voom since Dish wanted to keep 5 Voom stations up, but Voom said all down or none down) did the correct thing, even if the way they went about it was wrong.

What most people like yourself don't bother to realize is this:

1) The average customer with an unresolved complaint will tell nine to 10 people; 13 percent tell more than 20 people.

2) Up to 70 percent of complainers will return to your business if the complaint is resolved. Up to 95 percent return if the problem is resolved quickly.

3) For every complaint received, the average company has 26 unhappy customers it never hears from.

By that rule, if each one of the 1300 signatures can be seen as complaints (which I would say they are). There are actually 33,800 unhappy Dish subscribers at the moment.

Max Wright

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 10, 2006
Missouri
I think 1300 is a great number, how many people really know that there is a petition?

Everyone one this site (last count I think I saw was 100,000). Even if we assume that 1/2 of them are Dish and 1/2 are DirectTV then that would be 50,000.

Throw in Fangoria. A site/community that even those not familiar with horror probably have heard of. I would suspect around 100,000 there as well.

Compare that to other petitions, such as the Petition to stop Uwe Boll from directing. Which is now at 230,000.

The internet has a way of making things go viral.

rhdj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 25, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
Like I said before , the Bashers will ignore the numbers that do not prove their point. As big as Sat guys numbers go(dish subs with hd TV and voom package on sat guys numbers) and the Online petition exposure 1300 is a good number. I have been spreading the word, many if any knew did not know about sat guys and the petition. They know now and have or will sign the petition. I talked to 5 dish subs with HDTV and (had) Voom, all Are upset. I guess I will ignore the simply math and say 100% Dish subs are upset! That what my "numbers" show!

rhdj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 25, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
sorry I hit enter I will try again, half of 50,00 is 25 000 that maybe have an hdtv,half of that had voom that takes the number to 12,500,see hoe the percentage changes instantly.

rhdj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 25, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
It is pretty simple to me, If you want Monsterhd Voom sign the petition , call dish . Do your part and hope it makes a change come about. That is all really we can do, besides leaving Dish.

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
Are you really a "basher" if you point out taht you don't think that the number of signers will impress DISH?

A significant percentage of VOOM subs are upset that VOOM is gone. But that almost sounds like a given. I suspect taht DISH would think that VOOM simply has a rabid cult following but that most of their subs don't care.

Does that mean you should give up? no. Promote the darned thing any way you can. write to DISh and complain. Even consider dropping the service or downgrading.

but don't just tell anyone that has a different opinion of what will be effective that they are a "basher" and discount their opinion.

Apologist

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 25, 2005
Are you really a "basher" if you point out taht you don't think that the number of signers will impress DISH?

A significant percentage of VOOM subs are upset that VOOM is gone. But that almost sounds like a given. I suspect taht DISH would think that VOOM simply has a rabid cult following but that most of their subs don't care.

Does that mean you should give up? no. Promote the darned thing any way you can. write to DISh and complain. Even consider dropping the service or downgrading.

but don't just tell anyone that has a different opinion of what will be effective that they are a "basher" and discount their opinion.

Geronimo, Are you hearing anything at all?

Max Wright

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 10, 2006
Missouri
rhdh, you're quick to call out "bashers". I'm not bashing. If anything, I like the voom stations as to me having anything HD out there is a good thing. To me, voom and any other early HD station (which is all of them right now) are a chicken/egg conundrum. They need to broadcast in HD before they have the content, but they need to content to broadcast. It is a conundrum, so I applaud any station going with the HD capability.

If anything, I think it is rather rude for just a MonstersHD petition and not a Voom overall petition. Or voom in some format (which has been discussed on here).

rhdj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 25, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas

I agree there, As long as people remember everyone has different viewing habits. I used the word basher, maybe it was to strong. I just could not come up with a better term. I wanted to make sure the mistake in the numbers used was pointed out. If I offended any of you I am sorry. I just want the whole"picture " so to speak to see the light of day. I just want My Voom Back>>Monsters hd to be Specific!

rhdj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 25, 2008
Corpus Christi, Texas
Is this correct, are the Voom channels still Uplinked? Another post here said they were. What is dishs track record when it comes to dropping channels. Do they delete or leave them uplinked during a dispute? It may mean nothing or it may be a positive sign.

dholmes_chem

SatelliteGuys Family
May 8, 2008
Lansing, MI
I agree there, As long as people remember everyone has different viewing habits. I used the word basher, maybe it was to strong. I just could not come up with a better term. I wanted to make sure the mistake in the numbers used was pointed out. If I offended any of you I am sorry. I just want the whole"picture " so to speak to see the light of day. I just want My Voom Back>>Monsters hd to be Specific!

I agree that using the full 13.8 mil is not statistically correct, but I wonder whether Dish will think of it correctly. I, personally, loved the Voom channels for the first few months I got them, then they ran out of new stuff I liked. I still liked them and would rather see them than not.
General Question:
Do you think that Dish will crunch the numbers to calculate the percentage of Voom subscribers that are upset or will they just toss those 'cards' and hope for a better hand?

psychicmind

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 8, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Is this correct, are the Voom channels still Uplinked? Another post here said they were. What is dishs track record when it comes to dropping channels. Do they delete or leave them uplinked during a dispute? It may mean nothing or it may be a positive sign.

If Dish thinks it can strong arm Voom into allowing 5 channels (vs all 15), they will keep the uplink during this threat/negotiation period. If Voom does not comply and there is no hope for a deal, the uplinks will drop, a few new HD channels might appear, and Voom will file bankruptcy OR DirecTV or local cable companies will pick them up.

I would switch to Direct if they picked up Voom, but I gather with all the lawsuits that Voom is now doomed.

kvnfl

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 19, 2008
SWFL
By that rule, if each one of the 1300 signatures can be seen as complaints (which I would say they are). There are actually 33,800 unhappy Dish subscribers at the moment.
And it is a pool of unhappy subscribers from a small community in an obscure corner of the Internet. How many people who are upset by the loss of Monsters have no clue that this web site exists? And how many with Internet access would even think of search for an online petition to sign?

psychicmind

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 8, 2007
San Francisco, CA
And it is a pool of unhappy subscribers from a small community in an obscure corner of the Internet. How many people who are upset by the loss of Monsters have no clue that this web site exists? And how many with Internet access would even think of search for an online petition to sign?

As I told DISH - Do not underestimate a Horror Fan.

We may be a small niche group, but we are a kick ass loyal niche group.

You do not want to mess with Horror Fans; if an alternative to Monsters HD appears, they will jump ship fast. Pretty much every true horror fan with DISH, probably signed up because of Monsters HD.

Since Charlie can block Monster HD from getting picked up by anyone else, he doesn't need to worry about DirecTV picking them up while he strong arms voom into compliance or bankruptcy.

If voom is doomed, then lets pray a new HD Horror channel rises from the ashes (or should I say rise from the dead).

Bruuce

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 8, 2008
Austin, TX
As I told DISH - Do not underestimate a Horror Fan.

We may be a small niche group, but we are a kick ass loyal niche group.

You do not want to mess with Horror Fans; if an alternative to Monsters HD appears, they will jump ship fast. Pretty much every true horror fan with DISH, probably signed up because of Monsters HD.

Since Charlie can block Monster HD from getting picked up by anyone else, he doesn't need to worry about DirecTV picking them up while he strong arms voom into compliance or bankruptcy.

If voom is doomed, then lets pray a new HD Horror channel rises from the ashes (or should I say rise from the dead).

I agree with everything you said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)