Monsters HD online petition

I agree with you I am still mad at Dish for their approach but Voom is starting to look Dumb for their childish ways.

There are two to tango here. I thik there is a happy medium to come to ''yes''. If voom cant live with 5. Compromise to 8 channels. These guys need to get creative rather than all or nothing.

There is always a way to come to ''yes'' Its called give and take.

Getting close to 1000 signatures thats great.

to be honest I don't thinthat 1000 signatures will impress them. I just checked and it is at 914. If anything I think this would convince a VOOM opponemt that DISH did the right thng.

to be honest I don't thinthat 1000 signatures will impress them.

1000 names is still 1000 names which equal money. In my bussiness if you piss off one person that translate into 7 people.

Imagine pissing off 1000 people and watch how many people hear about it.

Very poor PR for dish.

They can fix it if they want.

I just received the following auto-email from VOOM (I sent an email to VOOM and Dish) -- comical.

(My original email can be found here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/1364164-post105.html)
FROM VOOM:

Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 16:00:23 -0400
To: xxxxx
Subject: Re: Comments

Dear Viewer:

Thank you for contacting us about the VOOM HD channels. We truly regret that our world class suite of 15 high definition channels is no longer available to you and other Dish subscribers, but this decision was made solely by the Dish Network and is something we urged them not to do. We hope that you will be able to view the VOOM HD channels again soon.

If you would like to express your dissatisfaction with Dish’s decision to drop the VOOM channels then please contact them directly.

VOOM HD Networks

======================

My response:
While the decision was made solely by Dish, I believe both Rainbow Media and Dish are to blame. I'm sure that Dish and it's viewers, and Rainbow Media would be winners if the following was done to VOOM:
(a) consolidate 15 channels into 5 or 6
(b) regularly invest in new programming
(c) stop with the 2/3 shows a day repeats

Hey, you might even get other carriers to pick VOOM up with those changes ...

Last edited:
Just combine the Voom channels into channels that share bandwith and you would end up with 10 of the same channels we had before. Each channel would have 12 hours a day to be watched and the channel name would change every 12 hours. Combine the shows from the rest and distribute them amongst the 10 and you would have everything that VOOM had before . IF you really want to get bold how about making all the Voom programming video on demand features downloaded to your hard drive via the ethernet for the price of the ultimate hd pack or the hd stand alone. Then you would never have to go without your Voom programming and it wouldn't take up bandwith on the satellite.

1000 names is still 1000 names which equal money. In my bussiness if you piss off one person that translate into 7 people.

Imagine pissing off 1000 people and watch how many people hear about it.

Very poor PR for dish.

They can fix it if they want.

Yes it is 100 names-----and to be hnest i don;t think that is very many. i would have expected more.

Yes it is 100 names-----and to be hnest i don;t think that is very many. i would have expected more.

But, you also have to keep in mind, how many regular viewers are visitors to this forum and a few others? 5%, max? I don't think an obscure online petition is really an indicator of anything.

But, you also have to keep in mind, how many regular viewers are visitors to this forum and a few others? 5%, max? I don't think an obscure online petition is really an indicator of anything.

I would agree with that. If it had gottens some hiuge number of signatures---or none at all---it might say something. but this does not say much of anything.

BTW that si my only point. I am not against briging back VOOM and I think that anyone who wants to sign the petition should. But it was stated that the number of signatures was somehow impressive I stated that I do not think it is.

But it was stated that the number of signatures was somehow impressive I stated that I do not think it is.
I think you're kind of missing airphoto's point. 1,000 signatures is impressive if you take into account the idea that that number represents only a small number of subscribers who have actually found the petition. If 1,000 people found the petition and chose to sign it, think about how many other pissed-off people there are who don't know that the petition even exists? How many people does one signature actually represent?

I think you're kind of missing airphoto's point. 1,000 signatures is impressive if you take into account the idea that that number represents only a small number of subscribers who have actually found the petition. If 1,000 people found the petition and chose to sign it, think about how many other pissed-off people there are who don't know that the petition even exists? How many people does one signature actually represent?

I think that youare kind of missing my point too.

What you are saying is that this proves that there must be more. but it does not. All I am saying is that it just wont matter. There are things you can do to make your feelings known and you should do those things. But a signature with fewer than 1000 signatures (at this writing) is not impressive. Sure there might be more upset people but then again some of the signatures might be fraudulent. It just does not mean much. Hewas right an obscure online petition is not an indicator of anything.

Personally I hope that in he end we see 5 or so VOOM channels. I am not sure that any of the channels including Monsters needs to be full time. That is why I am not signing it.

Count me in! I am going to miss this channel greatly!:(

I guess it comes down to if Voom can survive only transmitting 5 channels. I can't see them surviving if they don't work out a deal. 5 of their best channels like the ones that were the last to get yanked would probably be the best bet. Mixing and matching will never give those channels an identity and will never be popular. Monsters should be left alone along with a few others and they should put their $$$ towards improving those channels. As far as growth goes it would make Voom more marketable to only have 5 rather than 15. Who has the room for 15 channels. I think we will be getting Monsters back very soon only if Voom wants to continue.

IMO the petition should be yanked now. 1000sigs in 5 days isn't too bad. The people who seen it have seen it. I'm just not positive that keeping the petition up will do anything. Most don't know about this petition anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)