Monsters HD online petition

I noticed the site was having trouble earlier. I wonder if Voom is cutting off money to Monsters or is it just a strange coincidence.

Hopefully its a strange coincidence or maybe they are redoing the site and make it more fancy so Dish will see that they are throwing more money at the channels lol.

Hopefully its a strange coincidence or maybe they are redoing the site and make it more fancy so Dish will see that they are throwing more money at the channels lol.

OK looks like the main site is back up with the VOOM/Dish information. Nice trashy promo video.

I wish there was something I could do. :(

I know I hate them both for not working something out.

This really sucks. The hd package is just not the same without the Voom channels. IMO- these new additions are very weak. Even if they had 24 hour hd the programming doesn't interest me. Of course Monsters isn't everyones cup of tea. But its depressing when I reflect on some of the great movies I have seen on Monsters in the last year and a half. To name a few;

Halloween
Jaws
The Exorcist
The Omen
TCM
Frankenstein
The Thing
Salems Lot

Classics that probably won't be shown anywhere else unedited/commercial free.

I'm pissed at myself because I didn't back up my favorite Monsters films to disc. I had many of them on my old 622, but when it died I never re-rerecorded and saved them again. I always figured I'd get around to it, but now it's too late.

I was really looking forward to seeing The Thing (1981) on Wednesday. Again, this is another that has never been broadcast in hd uncut/commercial free. I guess I'll watch bass fishing in sd or Chiller in sd with 2/3 commercials. Damn Charlie.

Maybe Charlie will respond to loss of subs..Then again maybe he does not care.

Thats my feeling. The thing is if dish can chop off 15 channels just like that whats to stop them from doing it to others??

Not good bussiness to piss off your customers.

I think E* voided the contract as soon as they pulled the 15 channels without notifying customers so we would have a chance to cancel. We are not talking about a few changes here but 15. Our package went from 17 to something like 5. Thats a huge difference.

Hey folks, wait one minute...

This is not a new game, maybe new for an HD channel or Voom channel, but there have been several times when DISH lost its contracts with other major channels including Lifetime and NICK. It was due to breakdowns in negotiations. They were resolved after a month of no service. (Lifetime people were very pissed then too.)

DISH did good by cutting 10 of 15 Voom channels to make room for national channels. Direct looks like a fool, for DISH is able to hold as much HD as them and without the new satellite even in the air yet.

It is now Voom's fault for not allowing DISH to cut back their channels and giving DISH the all or nothing option. It is Voom that is trying to force DISH to keep all 15. That could lead to the death of Voom or Voom might have to wait until the new birds are up.

We do not have that much more time to wait for the new satellites to launch, it would be stupid to switch before the new satellites go online.

I'm not sure how DirectTV, with their new satellites already active, are going to be able to compete with DISH once their new satellite are activated.

I'll wait and see what DISH does with their new Satellite before worrying about switching.

Voom or parts of Voom will return.

From the petition site:

[SIZE=-1]UPDATE 4: Looks like good news is on the horizon. As Dish is "working on this deal," there's a distinct possibility that this could be back sooner than we'd hoped. They are definitely working on something (I've gotten Dish to actually go on record and say they're working on a deal), but they can't say any more than that. Keep your fingers crossed, and keep doing what you're doing: calling in, emailing, downgrading, and even canceling in extreme cases. We've got their attention, at least![/SIZE]

Yeah but does this person really know anything? I certainly hope it is correct but based on some of the other notices I do not know what to think.

Probably not, but I called DISH and they are very aware of all the complaints and bad internet press they are getting and it's getting worse everyday. They said there are no plans to bring Voom back at present, but people will be notified if and when this changes.

Seems like DISH has Voom under its heel right now. Voom can either agree or go bankrupt or find another provider.

Apparently, Voom and DISH are in serious litigation right now, suing each other over several serious issues.

The situation between Voom and DISH is very ugly, more so than this thread is leading people to believe.

Probably not, but I called DISH and they are very aware of all the complaints and bad internet press they are getting and it's getting worse everyday. They said there are no plans to bring Voom back at present, but people will be notified if and when this changes.

Seems like DISH has Voom under its heel right now. Voom can either agree or go bankrupt or find another provider.

Apparently, Voom and DISH are in serious litigation right now, suing each other over several serious issues.

The situation between Voom and DISH is very ugly, more so than this thread is leading people to believe.

If Charlie owns 20% of Voom you would think he would be more willing keep these channels. I do aqree that there is a lot going on between both sides and that is probably why Voom didn't spend $ on their programming. I seem to remember this happened around the same time E* put them in the higher tier. Could be wrong though.

I hope it works out, Many people have slams the Voom channels but IMO their true HD content have not been replaced. Their replacements(according to dish) are not up to par. I am not complaining about the addition just about the subtractions. I love the 22 additions but Bummed about at least 5 of the Subtractions. Before the voom bashers show up again, remember it is a matter of viewing taste. Just because you would rather watch a mainstrem upconvert, do not mean I would. You can watch yours and I will watch mine, no bashing or removals, a simple request.... you would think.

If Charlie owns 20% of Voom you would think he would be more willing keep these channels. I do aqree that there is a lot going on between both sides and that is probably why Voom didn't spend $ on their programming. I seem to remember this happened around the same time E* put them in the higher tier. Could be wrong though.

That is a big pat of it...

20% ownership is not the majority, the other 80% must agree too.

The money for new Voom programming was not spent correctly which I'm sure pissed off Charlie too.

I believe it is Voom that f*cked up here.

I just get the feeling that Charlie has them in a head lock right now and is increasing the pressure until they break and then he can do what he wishes. Cut throat corporate moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts