Montana PBS

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Haven't checked Montana PBS or AMC21 in maybe ~2 weeks...

With my motorized 31" Fortec dish here in CA, signal/quality usually fluctuates between a max of 40% and 0% on 12104 V 4340.

I was surprised to find Saturday nite the Quality to be a booming 90+%!! NICE!

Now I just need to get back those PBS HD channels on 12140 :mad:

eta: I wonder if the increase in signal on Montana PBS has something to do with having NO signal for KTWO ABC next door at 123W.

Last edited:
Haven't checked Montana PBS or AMC21 in maybe ~2 weeks...

With my motorized 31" Fortec dish here in CA, signal/quality usually fluctuates between a max of 40% and 0% on 12104 V 4340.

I was surprised to find Saturday nite the Quality to be a booming 90+%!! NICE!

Now I just need to get back those PBS HD channels on 12140 :mad:

eta: I wonder if the increase in signal on Montana PBS has something to do with having NO signal for KTWO ABC next door at 123W.
I got signal quality on 123W 12103 V 2222 but no A/V on my 10 footer w/ a BSC-621

EDIT: I have to walk out to the motor controller, so no I'm not going to check 125W tonight. But I did finally order a GBox tonight!

For the last week every night I see the signal Quality go up to 96% on my Fortec with the BSC621 and 7.5 ft dish. In the morning and day its at 65%.

I wonder if the increase in signal on Montana PBS has something to do with having NO signal for KTWO ABC next door at 123W.

That has been my experience. On at least three nights in the last week (including last night) KTWO has had problems, dropping from around 80 to the teens (on a 80cm). Meanwhile, Montana PBS (on a 60e) has gone from a usual 45-60 to a whopping 99 (and has taken a few seconds to pop in). My 60e also has to be slightly moved away from what would be peak position for the other transponders to help with the interference from KTWO (but not too far or the others lose too much, so it is not on peak for Montana PBS or on peak for the other transponders).

What is so annoying about the whole thing is that PBS had the whole satellite in the beginning to place their signals wherever they wanted, and they went and slotted Montana PBS where they did.

That has been my experience. On at least three nights in the last week (including last night) KTWO has had problems, dropping from around 80 to the teens (on a 80cm).
interesting. I've seen KTWO drop but not that much...on Coolsat 5000 from 79 to 70 or so

What is so annoying about the whole thing is that PBS had the whole satellite in the beginning to place their signals wherever they wanted, and they went and slotted Montana PBS where they did.

Montana PBS isnt part of the whole "PBS move" thing. They moved to 125 probably (and just guessing here) since they cover Montana to give the stations a better elevation angle to aim at.

PBS in general had TP 21-24 booked (just like they were on AMC3)

It was goofy that Montana PBS decided on a TP the same as one next door but on a 1.2m dish there is little or no interference. When I had the 1.2m set up I maxed out KTWO (not hard to do) but could almost (90+) max out Montana PBS next door

I recall earlier this year a discussion about Montana PBS discontinuing their satellite service due to a loss of state subsidies. I take it the funding has come from other sources? Has anyone heard anything lately? I love Montana PBS especially on Thursday and Saturday night. I contribute every year during the "Britcom" pledge drive. They get a kick out of receiving pledges from out of state contributers.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...-mt-pbs-loses-funding-satellite-services.html
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...na-pbs-needs-your-help-no-not-your-money.html

Last edited:
interesting. I've seen KTWO drop but not that much...on Coolsat 5000 from 79 to 70 or so

First time I have seen it that bad (expect during bad weather either here or there, and not for as long a duration as it has been this past week). Didn't check whether they have had any bad storms roll through or not on those days.

It was goofy that Montana PBS decided on a TP the same as one next door but on a 1.2m dish there is little or no interference. When I had the 1.2m set up I maxed out KTWO (not hard to do) but could almost (90+) max out Montana PBS next door

I do recall that they started out on AMC21 at the same frequency as they had had on AMC3, but then changed it, unfortunately.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts