Monthly bill took big jump

You can use the DishAnywhere app on FireTV (probably other devices, but that is what I use), but I believe it is limited to 1or 2 concurrent streams. I use it daily to watch TV in a room where I don't have a Joey/Hopper.
1 device only with the other being the main unit, so only 2 TVs.

And I do not have that limit now with YTTV, nor do subscribers of Charter and Comcast, that is where Dish needs to change.

I would like a service that I do not have to worry about internet outage, that is why I do not mind having a box ( with the fee) on the main TV.

It is just the other 10 TVs that get extremely limited use ( most only when we have guests) and paying that extra $50 a month would really make me more and more upset every time I would see the bill.

And I do not have that limit now with YTTV, nor do subscribers of Charter and Comcast, that is where Dish needs to change.

I would like a service that I do not have to worry about internet outage, that is why I do not mind having a box ( with the fee) on the main TV.

It is just the other 10 TVs that get extremely limited use ( most only when we have guests) and paying that extra $50 a month would really make me more and more upset every time I would see the bill.
You could purchase the box and then disconnect those boxes as needed. When they have been disconnected via DISH you don't have to pay a monthly fee for those.

You could purchase the box and then disconnect those boxes as needed. When they have been disconnected via DISH you don't have to pay a monthly fee for those.
Yep, that would make me less upset, paying about $1000 to save $50 a month, but then get charge for something that I paid for in full for when in use.

And again, I do not have these issues with YTTV, if someone is staying at the house, click on the app, there is Live TV, no extra charge.

For a Traditional Provider, I live in a Charter Area, all I need to do is click on the app, there is live tv, same for Comcast when I lived in Michigan, no extra charge for boxes if you use the app ( plenty of other extra charges, Broadcast, Sports, the sheer pleasure of being a Comcast Customer:rolleyes: )

Sure. I have a mix. Joeys in some places and Firestick in others. Works for me today to limit my need for guest rooms, but I totally agree with your point. I believe that the issue comes down to how the contracts were written. I think back in the old contracts that initially involved the sling technology the content providers limited them to the number of streams. Probably needs to be updated for current use case (e.g. your YTTV example).

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks MikeD-C05 for sharing. Good info.
You are welcome Charles. I hope that y'all can get enough information to take a look at streaming and what ota dvr to get because the programming prices on Satellite and Cable will continue to go up every year. Although I am sure that streaming platforms will soon catch up, since everyone is leaving the traditional sat /cable companies for streaming. But I do like that you can subscribe and drop easily over the internet the different services with no interaction with the companies that own them . Although Sling tv does have a chat feature if you want to talk to someone. Tablo also has a company to contact with issues like technical problems by email and they will get back to you quickly.

Reactions: charlesrshell
You are welcome Charles. I hope that y'all can get enough information to take a look at streaming and what ota dvr to get because the programming prices on Satellite and Cable will continue to go up every year. Although I am sure that streaming platforms will soon catch up, since everyone is leaving the traditional sat /cable companies for streaming. But I do like that you can subscribe and drop easily over the internet the different services with no interaction with the companies that own them . Although Sling tv does have a chat feature if you want to talk to someone. Tablo also has a company to contact with issues like technical problems by email and they will get back to you quickly.
Thanks again. I am staying with DISH till the bitter end but keeping up with alternate stuff so I can ease in to it when the end comes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)