Moov-HD: Tank 7pm EST

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
tankhd_188x106.jpg

Nature is the ultimate filmmaker - Tank HD brings home the soothing beauty of underwater worlds. The Amazon, Pacific Reefs, West Coast Tidal Pools and more, all in stunning HD so you can see every swaying kelp, floating sea turtle and other elusive inhabitants.

I think MOOV-HD is a neat channel. If there is nothing on and it is too late to start a movie, but too early for bed I'll put that channel on. No mater what is on it is generally relaxing. I spent an hour the other day watching it snow in somebodys back yard. I hadn't seen Tank yet, but I saw it listed yesterday.

This all reminds me of those really old movies when "moving pictures" was new and people would just film people going in a factory, people walking, people getting on and off of trains, etc... It's like we're all doing it again :)

Oh, man I just turned it on!!! This is cool. Right now it is jelly fish. You can actually see the small one celled and few celled organisms floating around!!!!!!!!

Yes, I know this is a stupid idea, but I found it to be strangely engaging and entertaining...at least for 20 or so minutes. What else can I say? It Tanked!

Bravo Zulu from those of us who are so easily amused. :D

It's too bad the PQ was not up to par, this could be a cool clip. I'll say it again, comparing this clip to an OTA HD kids news show where they went to an aquarium is no comparison, Voom needs to up the bandwidth.

I wrote VOOM and requested that Tank HD go 24/7 instead of just 3 hours a day. This stuff is hypnotic. Tonight I'm going to see if my cat likes it.

I wonder if VOOM is just testing the content and will unveil Tank HD as a full channel on the new satellite. I like how they put the Common Name, Scientific Name, and some info at the beginning and end of each tank.

It has me reeling with ideas. The broadcaster in me says to build WTNK-TV "The Tank" :D

That would be great if they would make the clip live or a few hours long, but it's only a 30 minute clip repeating from what I saw.

DarrellP said:
It's too bad the PQ was not up to par, this could be a cool clip. I'll say it again, comparing this clip to an OTA HD kids news show where they went to an aquarium is no comparison, Voom needs to up the bandwidth.

All I can say is, if it's not up to par, so what, it's more than good enough for me, quite beautiful, in fact....
Where do you get OTA HD kids news, I can't even get OTA HD news...

It was pretty good for about 20 mi then I changed the channel.. I thought picture quality was pretty good, but your talking to a guy who had nothing but basic cable for years on end :).. Cya Slick

Moov- TANK Eye Candy ... WOW !!!

undefinedundefined Moov HD TANK

To say I'm impressed with Moov 's TANK is an understatement

It's nothing less than HD Eye Candy I very impressed with Voom's HDN

As well, A World News Channel that accents Good News and does a great

HD photo expose of something beautiful and different every day. :smug

Even though I have the additional 10 Pack of HD Movie channels I'm getting

more into Voom's 21 Unique HD channels :yes

I hope they expand the TANK Concept , it's fantastic :rainbow

Voomster

The Stone Man said:
How about mOOv does vOOm @ hOOters? The possibilities are endless.
I once advocated a pro-breast policy on the MOOV thread and was mocked by the MOOV guy. I even volunteered to help with production. But, alas . . .

voomvoom said:
All I can say is, if it's not up to par, so what, it's more than good enough for me, quite beautiful, in fact....
Where do you get OTA HD kids news, I can't even get OTA HD news...
Our local OTA NBC used to show a demo loop during the day and weekend and there was a clip from an Ohio station that had the first HDNews for kids, it was pretty cool.

Please don't have the attitude of "It's good enough for me". If everyone thought that way, Voom would never address their PQ issues. :no

1080iBeVuMin said:
Saw Tank for the first time tonight. Wow!

Hey if that PQ is "terrible" I sure want to see what you guys call "excellent"! Looked great here.
I'd like to invite you over to my house and show you the difference between good HD and Voom. I was watching HDNET last night and when I switched over to Voom, it's like I put a piece of Saran Wrap over the lens of my projector, the PQ went South very quickly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts