Moov-HD: Tank 7pm EST

Yes I also said this would be great to see as an HD segment. Moov should do more of this!! About the PQ...Voom will be better off when they switch over in October to WM9 and then new sat. Some of the ch's look great to me on VOOM and really some dont. Something like MOOV should look fantastic all of the time. Since it is filmed with HD cameras ....HBOHD often upconverts which to me shouldnt look as good. VOOM could be great but they have to increase the bandwidth to their HD ch's. Actually I wouldnt mind at this point if VOOM dropped all of their STD ch's and just left us with the HD. I know that they arent going to do that...but I wouldnt mind.

It doesn't make sense that the PQ should vary so much from one HD channel to another. MonstersHD looks great to me all the time, not as good as HDNET, but much better than what I've seen in the past from HBO or Showtime (I'm not currently a VaVaVoomer). If they have preallocated all channel slots, would they not give each HD channel the same bandwidth? A show like Tank should really shine since there is very little dynamic action going on. Even at 12 Mbs it should look good but it doesn't, it falls flat. Why? That's my question of the day.

I think it really depends on the source of HD. MonsterHD does look great most of the time. But, I saw the HIlls Have Eyes on Monsters and it looked very bad. Transfer wasnt good . As far as Moov...yes it really should look great at all times...but it doesnt...why? that is a good question. Could they be taking the Hd from different sources? Discovery looks good most of the time also...but not all of the time. Maybe it has to do with the way its produced.

Watching TANK for the first time. I love it. Finally something I could watch on MOOV. Some segs look better than others but so far Im not disappointed at all. Good job Moov thanks.

I'd like to see it but I'm working right now so I can only catch bits and pieces. My cat seems to be enjoying it though. :)

My cat keeps wanting to lay on my lap instead of watch. He will take a little interest if I hold him in front of it, he's 13 and if it's not food or the litterbox he isn't very interested :)

Tank HD has actually started repeating. I've now seen all the 15 minute Tanks twice. There are about 36 of them. It doesn't seem to get old as I see things I missed the first time around. I like the Blue Blubbers. They are the neatest looking things. I can't believe people actually eat them.

vinnyv07, I agree somewhat. The computer generated art is borring, but there are a few neat things on there like the birthday cake with so many candles the icing catches fire and the time lapsed snow storm. I can't believe I actually watched it snowing in someone's back yard for a half hour. Perhaps in the winter we will see beach scenes :)

squicken said:
I once advocated a pro-breast policy on the MOOV thread and was mocked by the MOOV guy. I even volunteered to help with production. But, alas . . .

I would love to keep Moov if they had a Hooters hour on Voom.

Just think. If Tank doesn't tank but is a success we could have other channels: Fireplace, Raingutter, Grazing Cattle, Paint Drying, etc.

Seriously, I like MOOV some of the time but then I just watch it some of the time. Equator and Rush are my favorites.

**DarrellP: PQ depends on what you are watching. Last night Equator (Forrest, Butterfly stuff) looked better than Discovery or HDNET.

deeann said:
I'd like to see it but I'm working right now so I can only catch bits and pieces. My cat seems to be enjoying it though. :)
Your cat loves it and so does my 2 year old son.....I couldnt even count how many times he said "fishy". Anyway...Voom should do a Yule Log like WPIX does during the winter months. Or maybe a snowman melting or something.

Tvlman said:
Just think. If Tank doesn't tank but is a success we could have other channels: Fireplace, Raingutter, Grazing Cattle, Paint Drying, etc.

I was thinking about the same, but a bit more entertaining.

VOOM promotes it as "The Four Elements"

Earth=HD footage of strip mining equipment moving and blowing up the earth.

Air=HD footage of weather around the world

Fire=HD fireplace cams. To make it interesting add chemicals and guess what color the flames become.

Water=We have that one it's called TANK :)

:D At least if you miss it it will be on again, and again, and again.

New Promo:

"HD Cinema 10 if you miss it don't worry it will be on again and again and again........."

Darrell, You should know by now Earth, Wind and Fire won't be on RAVE, they will snatch Peter, Paul, and Mary from Soundstage. Speaking of RAVE it should have the Fleetwood Mac concert that was on PBS-HD last month in a couple years :)

Its almost 10pm and its on. :)

This is the first time I have seen it. Don't care for the sound. I wish it sounded like a real fishtank complete with the buzzing pump. :D

The picture looks very good although the could use some more fish, most of the fish I am seeing are little blue ones.

They had bigger ones in the previous segment. Do you use those ugly things moving in the sand. I confused them with plants until they started moving.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts