More 61.5 HD Migrations Coming...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
On both my receivers (211 & 722) I'm seeing 200 and 200 HD side by side from 72. Have you tried a reboot? Have you checked "The List" to see what bird your locals are on? You most probably can be converted to either of the 2 ARC's. Look for one of the DIRT team and PM all the info and they can set it up for you. They have the names in red at the top of their posts. They are very helpful.

Will, you should have good line of sight to 129 rather than 61.5 or 72 or 77. I've been on what became the western arc for many years with no problems.

On both my receivers (211 & 722) I'm seeing 200 and 200 HD side by side from 72.

Follow up. I was watching the TV2 output on a remote TV. With the new firmware, there is now an option on the 722 under Preferences/Guide to only see HD(if there is also a SD) or both HD & SD. MY TV1 was set to HD only and TV2 was set to both.

I got my upgrade to western arc, from 61.5/110/119 yesterday.. Lo and behold, this tech was able to get 129 !! (2 techs on previous visits for a bad LNB etc., said I had no 129 LOS.

I have 2 - 622 receivers. Weird thing was, after the new dish installed, the 622 receiver downstairs worked fine, but the 622 receiver upstairs when doing a check switch locked onto all 3 satellites, but when it went to the "downloading information screen this may take 5 minutes", it went to the "signal loss" screen. To the 622 that was having the problems, I have RG6 coming from the satellite to the utility closet, and it is then coupled to a RG5?, going up to the upper level that was prewired when the house was built. He checked the signal every which way with a tester, did a hard/soft reboot, and a reboot with no satellites attached, and said everything looked great, could see he was really getting frustrated. Had a rats nest of RG5 in the wall in the utility closet, and he thought maybe one of the wires was pinched, even though never had any problems in the past. Finally he said I am going to swap out your 622 with a new one, but he did one last check switch and it went past the signal loss screen to the downloading guide and everything has been working since yesterday afternoon. Just hope it wasn't the receiver going out, and I will have to pay a fee to swap it out.
Very happy now that I got the western arc where my HD locals are, that I did not have before with my 2 dish setup.

Hi Rlanham, I am very glad that we were able to get your installation corrected for you. If you would like to PM me your account info, I will make a note of the issue and if it gives you any trouble in the near future, just give DIRT a note and we will make sure that we get it taken care of. Thanks!

I have the same situtation. I have 110/119/61.5. A tech told me that I can see 72 but not 77 and that their is nothing that can done for me because 77 is required and if he just repointed the 61.5 to 72 I would still have a mixed arc. He told me to go with D*.

Plan to call D* later tonight.

I have been very happy with E* and hate to leave. However, the Whole House DVR is very tempting.

I have been told that if/when I cancel it should be just before my "next month" starts because E* will not prorate a refund. And of course there is the $15 fee to return my receivers.

So what did you do? Stay with Dish and their upcoming whole house DVR, the XiP series; or move to DirecTV, which has a version of a whole house DVR out today?

So what did you do? Stay with Dish and their upcoming whole house DVR, the XiP series; or move to DirecTV, which has a version of a whole house DVR out today?

IF you want it today - go with DIRECTV. If you don't mind waiting for whole house dvr "coming real soon" then stay with DISH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)