More Changes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I have been working on "it" all day today... and I am VERY happy with the results.

Still got some minor tweaking to go, so before I make it public I want to tweak those things, so it looks good for it coming tomorrow. :)

Excellent news, glad my contribution helped. I will almost certainly change to a smaller more compact font if possible.

It would also be nice to have an option of minimizing the member info to the left of each post. It currently takes up so much space that large trapped white spaces sit between posts if posts are short. (As a former editor of my high school's yearbook it was hammered into me that trapped white space is bad; so visually, the new layout is jarring to me.)

It will not be an issue with the new setup. :) :D
Excellent news. I stumbled upon the thread on the white space right after mentioning it in this thread. Still waiting for Apple to approve the new ios app so I can get back to my normal regular usage via phone app.

About the time the forum is completely customized it will be time for the next XENFORO upgrade... I hope they go smoother than the vBulletin upgrades went!

Well I couldn't wait. :)

If your not seeing it already go to the bottom left of your screen and look for SatelliteGuys Classic. Click on it and Select SatelliteGuys 2014.

This is the new look and software that I have been working on for the past few days. Not only is it friendlier on your eyes, but you can configure the colors and fonts to your liking! To do this go to the bottom of the page and look for AD Styler.

You will notice it has a few presets in it, or you can change things as you like them. And for those who like it dark, we have a new SatelliteGuys Dark 2014 style, and you can customize the colors in their too! Since Burger King announced they were getting rid of their old slogan, I guess now we can say... you can Have It Your Way here at SatelliteGuys!

Now we still are not done yet! I plan on making both themes so you can have all the features, but not have the 'sticky' navigation bar at the top. As well as versions which fill your entire screen. Again HAVE IT YOUR WAY here at SatelliteGuys! :)

(PS for those who don't like the sticky Navigation Bar for now you can switch back to the SatelliteGuys Classic Style. I was so excited about the new stuff I wanted to get things online for you ASAP.) :D

GREAT! Both the 2014 and Dark. Will play with the styler.

Edit - Greatest thing since sliced bread! Scott you outdid yourself.

GIVE ME BACK THE PREVIOUS DARK. I don't understand or like your new choices. I agree with Henry Ford you can have any color as long as it is black

What kind of errors in IE are you having? I was testing all day with IE 11.
I get this screen
upload_2014-5-29_23-42-8.png

Although I use Chrome, I tried it on IE 11 and it presented fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)