More Global Warming on Tap...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch them real closely when they play in it. This story sent chills down my spine when I saw it the other day:
We always supervise them in something like that.
My father-in-law dug them tunnels when we were up in Canada, they were always watched when playing in them.

Well the past 24 or so hours played out pretty much as I expected. I stayed here at work almost for the duration yesterday, left a bit early so it would still be daylight when I got home in case I had to hike my lane (0.3 mi. and uphill, a real bitch in a blizzard!) and to also be able to see the drifts which as expected were becoming substantial. My daughter met me at the bottom and the "Jolly Green Giant" (Silverado) made the hill OK, but marginally. Interestingly as I was "swapping vehicles" a local contractor in a plow vehicle stopped and asked if I needed help. I suggested he call me in the AM re: getting the lane plowed. (He stuck around to see if I made it up OK.)

We hunkered down for the night and watched some new HD channels! This AM I expected the lower part of my lane which is through an open field to be completely drifted shut, but I didn't need to venture out to check. The contractor called and I told him to go ahead. He had the lane completely opened-up by about 10:45. I took a quick shower and headed into work, got here around 12:30 and will put in some semblence of a day. (My boss in Atlanta is thankfully quite accommodating!) So I'm working on that now.

Tonight I expect some additional drifting but I should be able to get my Subaru up to the house again, and all's good until the next major storm...tentatively this weekend...!

Dug out yesterday, as with the snow falling and wind blowing on Wednesday, wasn't worth bothering with.

Kids loved sliding off the 8' snow banks beside my driveway. Snow Blower made some nice hills.

Fortunately we didn't have any power outtages. Did prepare though, and made sure the travel trailers batteries were charged up.

Schools are closed again today, which didn't make my wife happy, especially since Monday is a holiday.

We're back to "normal" now. My Subaru can now negotiate the hill again. Looks like no additional accumulation in the foreseeable future. Schools around here are back on schedule. Power never even flickered. This time the only 'damage' I suffered was the relatively minor expense to plow the lane. Hope that's the last time this season, but we still have at least a month to go...!

Best luck to all who are still impacted by recent storms and still digging-out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)