More HD 7/27

Status
Please reply by conversation.
In all this excitement don't forget universal sports was added in the sports pack as freeview...yawn

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

DirecTV's facebook says on ch 625 Universal Sports is now on, it will be free until September

It's official: Universal Sports Network is here and free now through September 30th! Featuring the World Swimming Championship, Rugby World Cup and other sports exclusives. Tune to Channel 625. What are you excited to see?

Last edited:
Going to check out the new movie channels, apreciate the hd adds, maybe in the future some basic hd-though good to see basic 3d added for the 3D viewers

DirecTV's facebook says on ch 625 Universal Sports is now on, it will be free until September

That is the best channel add in a long time. The only other channel I would love is CSS (Comcast/Charter Sports Southeast).

In regards to universal I have seen quite a bit on OTA, maybe now being added to direct universal will add more programing

Here are the mandatory 3D formats

For movie content:
Frame Packing
1080p @ 23.98/24Hz
For game content:
Frame Packing
720p @ 50 or 59.94/60Hz
For broadcast content:
Side-by-Side Horizontal
1080i @ 50 or 59.94/60Hz
Top-and-Bottom
720p @ 50 or 59.94/60Hz
1080p @ 23.97/24Hz

My Sony AV receiver doesn't support 720p side-by-side, so I'm forced to bypass and plug the HR24 directly into my display.

As K4LK posted. Those are the mandatory formats. D* broadcasts ESPN in 720p SbS and PPV 3D in 1080p SbS, both optional formats. They should be doing both of those in T/B. Besides Sony, JVC and 2010 Pioneers do not support 720p SbS. I'm sure there are others.

S~

Thats interesting, I thought all 3D was suppose to be 1080p :eek:

I didn't know that it varied, then again, I don't have a 3D set either.

Just picked up free HBO for 3 months. Which is very nice with all of the HD channels now. But I also picked up FIVE channel banners in my guide along with it. Very annoying when scanning to see what is on. Didn't have any in my fav list before.

D* is being nice to me. I cut back my programming all the way to Select, but retained my free HD access, and they offered me 3 free months of HD Extra Pack and HBO. Oh and for my anniversary gift, 3 free months of the Games, which I turned down and they gave me $5/mo credit for 3 months. So instead of paying $44 for Select, I'm paying $39 for Select, HD access, HBO and HD Extra.

I'm surprised they gave you hd for free. The lowest you are supposed to maintain to keep it is Choice, I think. I would check your bill and make sure they are giving it to you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)