More hd from Dish? Hard to tell

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
It seems that when dish added tbs hd Friday that maybe things were going to get back to normal and they would start adding even more hd soon. Then people recieved phone calls from dish about tbs hd in the line up. Why would dish even bother to call? maybe because it is playoff time. Who knows. Now rumors of announcing a few more will happen soon. Will we get the same call from dish if this happens too? Dish. I got to hand it to you. You do keep us guessing.

Looks like D* is driving the HD bandwagon and E* is just trying to keep up. It's all good for those of us that are craving more HD.

Looks like D* is driving the HD bandwagon and E* is just trying to keep up. It's all good for those of us that are craving more HD.

In honor of the MLB Playoffs, I think this baseball analogy would best describe the current HD battle between Directv and Dish:

During the first three innings (Past two years): Dish continued to hit singles and doubles bringing in several runs and take a commanding lead. Dish added Voom as well as several national HD channels that Directv didn't receive until just recently. Score: Dish 8-Directv 2

In the 4th inning: Directv hits 2 grandslams by launching 21 channels two weeks ago, followed by 12 last week. Dish gets a solo hr with two outs by adding TBS HD. Score Dish 9-Directv 10.

We're in the top of the 5th right now with many innings to go. Still a pretty even game. We will see who takes control with half the game yet to go. Right now, Directv has a slight edge since they have some channels that Dish subs are wanting badly. But I wouldn't say they are in complete control. Dish could add these channels very soon and would be easily back on top.

By the way: Go INDIANS....Hate the yankees!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)