Response from E* on TBS HD

superdorf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Des Moines, IA
James,

Thanks for the email. Thanks for the feedback regarding TBS HD. Right now, we do not have a scheduled launch date for this channel. I will pass this along to our programming department for review. Unfortunately, we do not have any other information regarding the possible future addition of TBS HD to our programming line up.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Have a great rest of the day!

Sincerely,
Eric VanLaethem
Executive Communications
EchoStar Satellite L.L.C.
Dba DISH Network

My letter to them:
Hello,

I would like to make sure my voice is heard in regards to TBS HD. The MLB playoffs begin next week and I know that many of your competitors have added TBS HD to their lineup. Including the DirecTV. I was a DirecTV customer for over 4 years before switching to Dish Network. I switched because of your history of being a leader in high definition.

Not adding TBS HD, especially when they are the exclusive home of the NLCS this year is a MAJOR oversight. When I was a DirecTV customer they would pick up HD feeds for special events, even if they didn't carry the channel exclusively.

Please don't make me regret switching to your service from DirecTV by letting this opportunity pass by.

Sincerely,
James Harrison

It has got to be one of the worst channels out there. SO far they label everything in HD when NOTHING is shown in HD.
Yep, most of it looks poor and the EPG has everything showing as a HD program, but they did have the Brave in HD today so you might want to at least get rid ofs the cap on your "nothing" since they do have SOME HD.

I don't see it coming this week. :(

I am still expecting however to see NHL Network this week.

Scott. I saw where you has talked to some dish execs. today. Without giving any secrets. Are they planning on any kind of respo/nse on what direct is doing anytime soon or are they going to ignore it ??

The only thing I have been told is that IS and WILL CONTINUE to be the HD leader.

Don't know what tricks they have for us, but I am enjoying watching the HD war. :)

I just feel like my football team is down 21-17 with three seconds left. My coach just sent out the field goal team (ppv hd):mad:

Dish Will Not Have TBS-HD In Time For MLB Playoffs

I sent Dish an e-mail asking if they will have TBS-HD in time for the baseball pkayoffs.

Received reply today. " We are unable to have TBS in HD in time for the playoffs. We apologize for the inconvenience."

The only thing I have been told is that IS and WILL CONTINUE to be the HD leader.

Don't know what tricks they have for us, but I am enjoying watching the HD war. :)

You know I fully agree that a HD war will be good for all. and after saying that, I can't see how DISH is going to keep up with DirecTV in the short run. Truth be known, D* is going to be adding 75-80 add'l channels in the next 90 days. Yes, some will be RSN's - but most will be mainstream nat'ls.

They are planning to add 10-15 new HD channels a week - almost every week until the end of the year. IMHO, I don't see Charlie being able to match that. I hope I am wrong - THAT ALONE would make this all interesting.

You know I fully agree that a HD war will be good for all. and after saying that, I can't see how DISH is going to keep up with DirecTV in the short run. Truth be known, D* is going to be adding 75-80 add'l channels in the next 90 days. Yes, some will be RSN's - but most will be mainstream nat'ls.

They are planning to add 10-15 new HD channels a week - almost every week until the end of the year. IMHO, I don't see Charlie being able to match that. I hope I am wrong - THAT ALONE would make this all interesting.

They don't have the space to keep up with that...no shot.

It's not like they haven't known well in advance that the MLB playoffs would be on TBS... If E* isn't going to add TBS HD in time for the playoffs, why add it at all? It sucks that we're going backwards here. Last year we had the entire playoffs in HD and this year we're facing the possibility of the first few rounds in SD.

But? how much actual HD will be on these channels...

Well, the standard cable simulcast channels not too much.

Where DirecTV kills the competition is HD premiums. Charlie looks silly and greedy with his 9 channels of HD PPV while D* subs gets 5 channels of Starz, 3 channels of Showtime and The Movie Channel in HD.

I don't see it coming this week. :(

I am still expecting however to see NHL Network this week.
That's not good news Scott, unless of course you're a hockey fan. I'm still holding out hope for E* to come through with TBS HD. As I said in another post, if they aren't going to add it now then there isn't much point in adding the channel after the playoffs.

Oh well, too bad. I'm still waiting years later for Dish to add the network called, Logo. I'm not asking for a HD format, just freakin add it. Probably a cold day in hell before they add it with all the right wing Christian pushers. BTW, I am christian but I do not push my religion onto others. Dish needs to understand, that they have a large range of people and what they like to watch.

Oh well, too bad. I'm still waiting years later for Dish to add the network called, Logo. I'm not asking for a HD format, just freakin add it. Probably a cold day in hell before they add it with all the right wing Christian pushers. BTW, I am christian but I do not push my religion onto others. Dish needs to understand, that they have a large range of people and what they like to watch.

I thought there was another forum for this type of discussion. I don't mind if you have a complaint about Dish, but a discussion about religious or political opinions doesn't belong here.

James,

Thanks for the email. Thanks for the feedback regarding TBS HD. Right now, we do not have a scheduled launch date for this channel. I will pass this along to our programming department for review. Unfortunately, we do not have any other information regarding the possible future addition of TBS HD to our programming line up.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Have a great rest of the day!

Sincerely,
Eric VanLaethem

Wow!! What are the odds!?!?

I received the same exact email response from Eric several months ago, except you can replace "TBS" with "NESN".

Are there really that many HD channels launching that quickly?

Even if they launch as upscaled SD, I think that would be great, as it would really commit those channels to fully embrace HD in the near future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)