More HD on the Horizon!!!

Cobra611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Beacon, NY
Cablevision in Talks to Carry full HBO and Cinemax HD Suite

This just in from the CableRant newsroom. We have learned exclusively that Cablevision Systems, based in NY, is currently in talks with HBO to carry their full lineup of High Definition channels and programming.

Cablevision currently carries only two of the high definition channels offered by HBO, HBO-HD and Cinemax-HD. If Cablevision and HBO reach an agreement to carry all channels, Cablevision customers will have access to over 20 HBO and Cinemax offerings when HBO completes their full conversion to HD by the end of second quarter 2008. Currently HBO only offers 4 channels in HD.

An agreement like the one above would help Cablevision gain ground among its main competitor, Verizon FiOS. Cablevision currently offers 45 high definition channels to it's customers at no additional charge. The addition of the HBO/Cinemax suite would drive that number above 60, a major potentital selling point.

CableRant predicts that at first Cablevision will be able to offer the HBO and Cinemax West coast feeds in HD. These are currently the only additional channels HBO offers in HD aside from the East coast feed. This inital addition will drive Cablevision's HD count near 50 channels.

Come on, where are HDNET and SciFI HD? We need SCIFI HD in time for the premiere of Battlestar Galactica's new season!!!!!!!!!!

UUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH......while more HD is great, where's DiscoveryHD or History HD? Hell, I'd even rather have TLCHD. And they are going to start with the West Coast Feeds? So we get the same shows we get now, just twice a day, three hours apart?

EDIT:
Also, look at the rumored Comcast additions to their lineup by March 27th (this was from a thread that was supposedly in the Asbury Park Press, I cannot confirm this)

Ch. 198: SNY HD
Ch. 211: A&E HD
Ch. 213: HGTV HD
Ch. 216: Food Network HD
Ch. 217: History HD
Ch. 222: USA Network HD
Ch. 224: Discovery HD
Ch. 226: Sci-Fi HD
Ch. 230: Animal Planet HD

Come on, where are HDNET and SciFI HD? We need SCIFI HD in time for the premiere of Battlestar Galactica's new season!!!!!!!!!!

I'd rather have More HD HBO. Seeing movies in HD is great. I could drop my Netflix Blu-Ray subscription.

If people didn't know that Cablerant was another forum they might think that you wrote this yourself. It's common courtesy to link to your source rather then to just plagiarize.

You got that right !!...BSG, Dr. Who & Torchwood in HD!!!! I'm in total agreement with you... just more of the same from CV & still not even a hint of other additions (HD or not) like BBC America

Both you guys have way too much time on your hands. If I wanted to plagiarize it, I would have stated the info came from me. It clearly stated where the info came, therefore I saw no need to link it or state where I found it. I have had posts removed because I linked another website. all I wanted to do, in a rush, was to get this forum the new information. CableGuy98414, are you the Cabledude 101 on the other site, and feel slighted? Or do you not have anything better do to with your time? I'm not going to apologize for the omission. Perhaps in the future, I may change my mind and do it differently.

Everyone is getting a little too touchy here.

Yes, we should always include the link, but we shouldn't attack Cobra611 for making a mistake, that in the scheme of things seems very little. If it wasn't for Cobra, we wouldn't even have this info in the first place.

UUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH......while more HD is great, where's DiscoveryHD or History HD? Hell, I'd even rather have TLCHD. And they are going to start with the West Coast Feeds? So we get the same shows we get now, just twice a day, three hours apart?

EDIT:
Also, look at the rumored Comcast additions to their lineup by March 27th (this was from a thread that was supposedly in the Asbury Park Press, I cannot confirm this)

Ch. 198: SNY HD
Ch. 211: A&E HD
Ch. 213: HGTV HD
Ch. 216: Food Network HD
Ch. 217: History HD
Ch. 222: USA Network HD
Ch. 224: Discovery HD
Ch. 226: Sci-Fi HD
Ch. 230: Animal Planet HD

we already have 3 out of those sny, hgtv, food and the few hd channels I want are discovery, tlc, speed and then more premium channels.

we already have 3 out of those sny, hgtv, food and the few hd channels I want are discovery, tlc, speed and then more premium channels.

true, but the only one worth merrit IMO is SNY and only if you're a Mets fan. :)

Basically, I want to see Deadliest Catch in HD, not Bobby Flay's throw down or how to buy a home (or whatever they show in HGTV)

I'm all for more HD, and this is great (or, WILL be great once the whole suite of HBO is added), but, I second (third?) the notion that this is not what the people are waiting for.

Give the people the cable networks in HD that are missing. I know that FiOS is the benchmark that Cablevision measures against, but, I can't help but look at DirecTV's lineup (or even Comcast's, for that matter), and cringe.

Cablevision is way behind. This is nice, but, is not the whole answer that the subscribers are looking for.

they want to add value to their premium line up
this is their bread and butter
pleasing a few forum members means nothing to them

I will welcome the addition of any HD channels as long they are full HD.

Looks like their business model is working? They posted a 610 million dollar profit for 07!

they want to add value to their premium line up
this is their bread and butter
pleasing a few forum members means nothing to them

I will welcome the addition of any HD channels as long they are full HD.

Looks like their business model is working? They posted a 610 million dollar profit for 07!
Just a thought here...While CV is adding more HD channels I'm wondering @ some point if CV will be charging for it since it is costing them something but then I suppose maybe the cost is hidden in our rates or all those "promo" channels we have (FX , Navy, Disney, etc.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)