More HD programming form DIRECTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
They can show more then one FSN-HD game at a time. I have seen (if I remember correctly) up to 3 FSN-HD games on at around the same time. Just keep your eyes on the 90's...

I don't know.. but, I'm staring to watch voom REAL closely. If they keep adding channels like this, I'm going to give them a try.

the number of HD channels of voom still tempts me at times, but I've spent a good time staring at their program guide and haven't found much that interests me. Also I would not lose HDNet for voom, so if I tried voom it would cost more than what I'm paying now.

Barneypoo69 said:
Question...........I'm in Texas & would love to see Boston vs New York BB in HD.........so what select group get to watch these...?

Order the DIRECTV SPORTS Pack and you will get YES Network in SD and HD, Yankee games are subject to black out rules.

-Robert

The sports pack wont get him any games... He might get the games in MLB EI but it doesnt seem to be clear wether D* will be able to show the feed to EI subs

Any official announcement on this yet ?

Does anyone know what channel YES HD will be carried on ?

BFG said:
The sports pack wont get him any games... He might get the games in MLB EI but it doesnt seem to be clear wether D* will be able to show the feed to EI subs

I posted the SPORTS Pack because YES Network is in the SPORTS Pack out of the NY DMA and I believe out of NY market SPORTS Pack subscribers will get the Yankee NY home games.

I should have said it was my educated guess and not a formal DIRECTV commitment. But I still think out of market SPORTS Pack subscribers will see YES Network live Yankee NY home games on channel 94 in HD. I guess we'll know for sure on 4/3/05.

-Robert

Well I was just going by MLB rules that say any out of market games can only be received with their E package.

So are you saying that DirecTV will pay the MLB right fees to show just yankee HD games to sports pack subs? Kinda like INHD has paid for rights to show regional HD games on INHD? I guess I didn't think of it that way, but it would be nice.

Yankees in HD from YES on DirecTV & Comcast!
Thanks to fredfa for originally posting this info.

Pinstripes in High-Def

By Anne Becker Broadcasting & Cable

YES, the New York Yankees’ network, will televise seventy 2005 regular-season games in high definition, including Sunday night’s season-opening game against the Red Sox.

The HD lineup includes all 64 home games, five road games versus the Red Sox and one road game against the Mets. The network recently signed carriage agreements for the HD games with Comcast, which will air them on INHD2, and DirecTV.

That still leaves most of New York City without YES’ HD offerings since Manhattan is covered by Time Warner.

The YES Network is available to viewers in New York, Connecticut, parts of New Jersey, and Pennsylvania, and airs Yankees, Nets and other pro and college games.

Andrew, Not that it matters, but, I was the first one to post this information in this threat that I started on March 18, 2005.

Somehow our friends on avs forum made this up and I guess you posted their post.

-Robert

Good News for NYorkers and D* users... I will have to re-think this one very hard... D* may win me over. Hey, I need a D* dish capable of watching HD D*. Where I can I get this for a fair price? I have the HD receiver already. Anyone willing to give me some advice or PM? Thanks.

I sure would like to know if I get the Sports Pak, would I get to watch those games in HD. Another issue is "blackouts", how often does this happen?
Again, I live in Texas and I guess I'll wait till after this weekend & watch this thread & "read" if I could get these HD games.
Thanks Robert.....got my fingers crossed!

Barney

Sean Mota said:
Good News for NYorkers and D* users... I will have to re-think this one very hard... D* may win me over. Hey, I need a D* dish capable of watching HD D*. Where I can I get this for a fair price? I have the HD receiver already. Anyone willing to give me some advice or PM? Thanks.

Best Buy has them I believe for around $60.00. I am thinking the same thing. I like E*'s HD picture quality but the sports keep rolling on D*.

Wayne

Dish Roamer said:
Best Buy has them I believe for around $60.00. I am thinking the same thing. I like E*'s HD picture quality but the sports keep rolling on D*.

Wayne

Don't go to BB, call me. New DIRECTV subscribers get the 18x20 phase lll triple LNB HD antenna dish system for free.

-Robert

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Need to Vent - No HD for Me!

Directv 2005 Scheduled Conference Call

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)