More info on NFL RedZone on Dish

Redzone, a bit of college football and Hockey sounds like a winner to me. Who says Dish does not cater to the sports fan :):):)

Just was on a chat on the Dish website. The Dish rep verified that I could not get the Redzone channel by just adding the Multi-Sports package to my TurboHD Silver package. Too bad but that is what I expected to hear.

This past saturday I counted 13 extra college football games with the Multi- sports package. For us transplanted citizens it is a good opportunity to see teams from places we once lived. It is also nice to see teams from conferences outside the local sports channels.

This past saturday I counted 13 extra college football games with the Multi- sports package. For us transplanted citizens it is a good opportunity to see teams from places we once lived. It is also nice to see teams from conferences outside the local sports channels.
How many were in HD? ;)

Multi-Sport is nice because (1) it gives you an alternative if your local station preempts the FSN games for their own MLB / NHL / NBA sports, (2) many games may only be on one RSN (Arizona / ASU on FS Arizona, USC / UCLA on Prime, Florida on Sun, hockey on NESN / FS North). Worth $5.99 to me. :)

I know of at least 1, Florida Gators was in HD on Sun Sports, I know because thats the only one I watched. But I'm sure there was more then just 1.

I am on EA, and do not have an affiliate that syndicates SECtv, so I hope they open up FSN Detroit HD for the game vs. Troy as that is the only opportunity I have to watch it in HD. They did not have it open for Tennessee/WKU last week, I am hoping it was just an over sight on Dish's part. I have checked the guide on our 722 and it is not showing up, yet. But, last week more games came on the guide as the week went on.

I am on EA, and do not have an affiliate that syndicates SECtv, so I hope they open up FSN Detroit HD for the game vs. Troy as that is the only opportunity I have to watch it in HD. They did not have it open for Tennessee/WKU last week, I am hoping it was just an over sight on Dish's part. I have checked the guide on our 722 and it is not showing up, yet. But, last week more games came on the guide as the week went on.

If you don't have a local affiliate that carries SECtv then probably the only way you will be able to get the game is through the Game Plan package, and it won't be in HD.

The NHL, with rare exceptions, does not black out replays. The NBA and MLB do. Baseball even goes as far as to black out replays of classic games to viewers outside of a teams area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts