More MPEG4 cities start

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am intrested in the rebate deal once the locals roll into boston. Does anybody know what local channels d will have in hd for boston?

sceavis said:
I am intrested in the rebate deal once the locals roll into boston. Does anybody know what local channels d will have in hd for boston?

December 8, 2005 is the release date for the Boston DMA and all DMA's will have ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX.

More LIL will be added after DIRECTV launches all of the national HD channels.

-Robert

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
And here's the big issue, by the beginning of 2007 DIRECTV will be rolling-out a hugh amount of HD national channels which will all be in MPEG-4.

-Robert

2007?? Why do we have to wait that long, can't they get these national HD channels up and running in 2006? :D

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
December 8, 2005 is the release date for the Boston DMA and all DMA's will have ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX.

More LIL will be added after DIRECTV launches all of the national HD channels.

-Robert

Robert just to start I trust what you are told but from what I've been told my information is way on the other end. I've been told that they will offer a few national HD channels to cover the next year in simple terms. During that time they plan to offer the other HD LIL networks (ie. UPN, WB and such) in most announced markets before the summer of 2006. Maybe my information is wrong but whoever told you this please call this person or anyone else you know to find out because I just don't think this is correct at all. If I'm wrong than they changed their minds for some unknown reason and I haven't been told nor have I felt the need to call for updated news at this point in time. I will be calling who I know and I suggest you do the same because if this is true DirecTV will be making a very very big mistake and with that said they better have a damn good reason for it. I know they aren't that stupid to allow this for no reason.

The D* web site this morning is showing Chicago has LIL HD available. Maybe their order systems will now also know about it.

Robert, is it worth it for me to do the upgrade now? I'm in the Chicago DMA, and have a SD Tivo and the HD TiVo. I have been thinking of upgrading to an HD receiver to replace the SD tivo in the bedroom. So I guess I could get the H20.

However, what will happen to my HD TiVo? Will it continue to work? Or should I wait until the new mpeg 4 HD DVR is ready?

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
HD locals light up today in Atlanta, San Francisco, Chicago and Philly DMAs.

The next 5 should light up sometime during the week of December 8th. Those markets will be Boston, Dallas, Washington DC, Houston and Tampa.

New York and Los Angeles will light up before the end of the year.

We are taking orders for new DIRECTV subscribers in the four new DMA now and shipping the AT9 5 LNB dishes with H20 MPEG-2/4 HD receivers.

-Robert

Robert,

I am on the DC DMA. Can I place my order now? I'd be a new Directv subscriber, and I'd like to get the H20, R15 and the AT9 5 LNB dish. Please let me know, so that I can place my order right away.

Thanks,

Victor

theratpatrol said:
2007?? Why do we have to wait that long, can't they get these national HD channels up and running in 2006? :D

Note, he said "by 2007", not "in 2007".
I'm sure we'll see a few.

Don't get your hopes up, though.

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
From what I am told PBS HD channels will only be offered in NY and LA markets. All other DMA's will get the 4 major networks. After everything is up DIRECTV will determine which additional channels they will have bandwidth to add, so we may see more LIL HD channels sometime in late 2007.

-Robert

I get ALL now by OTA Including, the 3 PBS stations, UPN and WB. Therefore There is NO incentive for me at all to have an inexperienced installer of the 5 lbn dish to Screw everything up!!!. (It took 2 installers to get it right the first time in 2002, I have since done all my own upgrades)

Now if they Offered my Local RSN's (Msg, FSNY) I would switch in a second!!!,
Otherwise I will wait it out until I am forced to switch!!

That is the big issue for me too: no Fox Sports Net Bay Area in HD via satellite. Zero incentive to upgrade.

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
HD locals light up today in Atlanta, San Francisco, Chicago and Philly DMAs.

The next 5 should light up sometime during the week of December 8th. Those markets will be Boston, Dallas, Washington DC, Houston and Tampa.

New York and Los Angeles will light up before the end of the year.

We are taking orders for new DIRECTV subscribers in the four new DMA now and shipping the AT9 5 LNB dishes with H20 MPEG-2/4 HD receivers.

-Robert

Robert,
I'm in DC area and have heard zilch with respect to upcoming HD locals from Direct TV.
I don't know about new dish upgrade, new boxes, and what to do with my HD TIVO box.
Do I call and start bugging CSR's?
Do I order equip from you and wait?

Just looking for some straight advice or some comprehensible thought.

Thanks for your trying to keep us up to speed.

Bob

DVRaholic said:
Now if they Offered my Local RSN's (Msg, FSNY) I would switch in a second!!!,
Otherwise I will wait it out until I am forced to switch!!
These you will never see, and it's not DirecTVs fault. Cablevision (they own MSG and FSNY) will never give the HD feeds to anyone else except cablevision subscribers.

rtrostiii said:
Robert,
I'm in DC area and have heard zilch with respect to upcoming HD locals from Direct TV.
I don't know about new dish upgrade, new boxes, and what to do with my HD TIVO box.
Do I call and start bugging CSR's?
Do I order equip from you and wait?

Just looking for some straight advice or some comprehensible thought.

Thanks for your trying to keep us up to speed.

Bob

I can answer that one. Very soon.

aec4 said:
These you will never see, and it's not DirecTVs fault. Cablevision (they own MSG and FSNY) will never give the HD feeds to anyone else except cablevision subscribers.
Yeah I know it really bites, the Only way we will EVER see the Rangers & Knicks in HD on Directv is if Cablevision sells them off and they start their owns sports channel like the Mets are doing next year. Highly Unlikley :no

I live in philly and am an existing hd customer just bought a h20 for 200 can i call D* and get them to come out and install a dish and is the free rebate only avaible if i trade in my hd box

DVRaholic said:
Yeah I know it really bites, the Only way we will EVER see the Rangers & Knicks in HD on Directv is if Cablevision sells them off and they start their owns sports channel like the Mets are doing next year. Highly Unlikley :no
Well since Cablevision OWNS Madison Sq Garden, the Knicks, and the Rangers, MSG network is LIKE what the Mets are doing already!

Status
Please reply by conversation.