More MPEG4 cities start

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is there any pressure that directv has to put HD locals up from the WB? I am hearing that the WB is soon going to be covered by the same protections that the big four (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX) get and the big four will become the big five.

houselog442 said:
Is there any pressure that directv has to put HD locals up from the WB? I am hearing that the WB is soon going to be covered by the same protections that the big four (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX) get and the big four will become the big five.

According to a list over at AVS Forum there are only 41 and 34 DMAs respectively receiving WB HD and UPN HD. Ideally DirecTV would just set up conus east and west coast feeds of the these HD netlets. In cities where they actually produce local HD (like the WB in Detroit that does Pistons games in HD) they should be put on a spot beam. Of course if DirecTV's marketing claims of 1500 HD locals is correct it should be no problem to add all of them once DirecTV 10 and 11 are up.

grydlok said:
I can answer that one. Very soon.

Grydlok,

Yes! Please answer me soon! :D

With the amount of money I spend with this company I would have expected a bit more hand-holding given the tremendous changes on the horizon for HD service! :no

If I like your answers, offers will soon follow for various gratitious services, like car washing, window cleaning and yard mowing!

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving. :)

Bob

rtrostiii said:
Grydlok,

Yes! Please answer me soon! :D

With the amount of money I spend with this company I would have expected a bit more hand-holding given the tremendous changes on the horizon for HD service! :no

If I like your answers, offers will soon follow for various gratitious services, like car washing, window cleaning and yard mowing!

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving. :)

Bob

Car washing in the cold. I like that. :)
My HSP office has been gathering people(suckers) to help out in N.VA/MD again for the rollout. It susposed to happen next month.

utahusker said:
How about SLC UT? What is the time frame.
Thanks

utahusker,

D* has announced at least early next year since we are in DMA #36. The good news is some of the dealers have been told they can now sell some of the equipment in our area so it must be gettin' close! Woohoo!

Cheers,
Tom

tibber said:
utahusker,

D* has announced at least early next year since we are in DMA #36. The good news is some of the dealers have been told they can now sell some of the equipment in our area so it must be gettin' close! Woohoo!

Cheers,
Tom

When was this announced by D*? The last I saw was that the SLC rollout would occur in April.
I live in the (now) 13th DMA & the dates that I saw for us is mid-February. Has this schedule been moved up?

Baldone,

In the Spaceway 1 announcement D* announced the first 24 by years end. Of course, that got delayed, but with the Spaceway 2 announcement D* still said first 36 by early 2006. Robert at Value Electronics has been told (and since told us) that he can now sell the most constrained part--the 5lnb dish--to all the top 36 markets.

Not that I have any clue when particular markets will be available. I'm hoping now that the beta testers in Detroit have been tweaked, the others can roll on a rather quick basis--as fast as dishes can be manufactured. From what I've pieced together and from what LonghornXP has confirmed, D* has been spending the past year getting agreements and more importantly communications links ready for the HD locals.

Cheers,
Tom

tibber said:
utahusker,

Cheers,
Tom
Thanks, I will need to wait till the dvr units are available anyway, but that's very good news.

pintnight said:
So, when is Dallas/Ft. Worth start date?

"Spaceway F1 began transmitting local HD signals to customers in Detroit on Oct. 20, and four markets -- Chicago, Philadelphia, Atlanta and San Francisco -- will begin receiving local HD broadcast channels this month. DIRECTV will also launch HD locals in Tampa, Dallas, Houston, Boston, Washington D.C., Los Angeles and New York in December."

tibber said:
Baldone,

In the Spaceway 1 announcement D* announced the first 24 by years end. Of course, that got delayed, but with the Spaceway 2 announcement D* still said first 36 by early 2006. Robert at Value Electronics has been told (and since told us) that he can now sell the most constrained part--the 5lnb dish--to all the top 36 markets.

Just an FYI, that's top 36 to Directv, not Neilsen. Directv's top markets don't necessarily match the Neilsen DMA list. I know with Hartford's SD locals, even tho Hartford was #26 on the Neilsen list, they were passed over, when Directv added the top 30, and weren't added until the top 50 were done in SD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts