More proof of NPS lies.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I see the "U" that was mentioned. All I know is that in the past I let my subs lapse past the 30 day "grace" period and ALN continued to come in. Maybe back then it was zk or fp and now it isn't. But at least everyone knows what I am getting at now. I have thought about getting a commercial receiver that could do the stuff that was mentioned above also. I just wasn't sure which one to look at. I know that they are much more expensive, but if bought at tax time one could be "affordable". Thanks for the input. I know I got a little off topic and apoligise for that. But there was a good conversation going and I wanted to take advantage of that for some viewpoints and answeres. I apoligise to any members that thought I was trying to do something against the law. Sometimes I do not explain myself very good and I apoligise for that. Have a great day!

Got another call from NPS today telling me Motorola isn't authorizing the 4DTV's after the end of the year and trying to get me to switch to Dishnet. I also received a letter from my state AG acknowledging the receipt of my complaint and telling me his office will investigate. Generally I get feedback within 2-3 weeks so we'll see what happens.

NPS is continuing on there merry way trying to force Dish. There Almighty CEO cannot tell a lie according to there CSR's and has them all buffaloed into believing that Motorola controls all of C band and are leaving c band the end of this year. They will continue with this till they close there doors unless someone looks into there lies and stops them. I don't see it happening so we must keep trying to spread the word anyway we can about the truth. Thank God for places such as Satellite Guys :)

Last edited:
I hope Skyvision or SRL actively tries to advertise this issue. Maybe they should put it right on their websites so 4DTV programming shoppers can see it. Or in publications like Satellite Orbit where NPS used to take out 2 full page ads every issue.

I think that there will be a much lesser need to explain anything on April 7th.
(As long as NPS doesn't start a new story that Motorola or anyone else forced them to drop a bunch of channels on G3). It was an independent business decision on their part to drop channels and prepare to leave the C-band arena.
Skyvision and SRL will be available to take your subscriptions, and if anyone has been paying attention to interviews, Mr. Dave Charles of SRL has already pledged to financially assist the facility that keeps all of this running after December 31st, if needed. So much for Motorola turning things off after December 31!

I think that there will be a much lesser need to explain anything on April 7th.
(As long as NPS doesn't start a new story that Motorola or anyone else forced them to drop a bunch of channels on G3). It was an independent business decision on their part to drop channels and prepare to leave the C-band arena.
Skyvision and SRL will be available to take your subscriptions, and if anyone has been paying attention to interviews, Mr. Dave Charles of SRL has already pledged to financially assist the facility that keeps all of this running after December 31st, if needed. So much for Motorola turning things off after December 31!

Great News Mike! Nice to see what really is going on VS the NPS story. :)

Thanks for the good news, Mike! :):up
I'll be calling Skyvision this week, to get some new programming for my 920!

I wonder if another "online" source to get two things out...

1) The apparent NPS issue
2) The continued CHOICE by consumers to use 4DTV and its value

might be the site "consumerist dot com?" If nothing else, there'd be a fun competition
for members here with flickr picture accounts to submit pics for the next article they post on telecommunications companies! I've thought about writing them to see if they'd accept input on an article of "rehabbing" the big dish to avoid being part of the larger corporate monopolies.

Because..they don't seem to be aware of the large-dish options, based on their list of companies on their site.

Just a thought.....

does skyvision hit canadian recievers ?

crackt out,.

I'm sure Mike Kohl will correct me if I'm wrong here.. It is my understanding that SkyVision partners with SRL.

I am in Canada and I personally buy my programming through SRL. I called their toll free number (which works from Canada) and gave them a friend's address and phone number from the US and asked them to set me up with WEBSAMS access so that I can add programming to my own receiver online. I order packages for 1 month / 3 months/ 6 months at a time depending on what I need. It's all very simple to do.

I do not believe that they are allowed to authorize the programming if they know you are in Canada, so you just don't tell them :)

Man I am so glad I switched to SRL, I have been nothing but pleased with them and their service, and now this new GOOD news!!!
THANK YOU SRL, and thank you MikeK for the info.
Terry

does skyvision hit canadian recievers ?

crackt out,.
I use RPS satellite it is in Quebec, Roger is the guy to talk to. He has 2 providers NPS and i think skyvision or SLR. Provider 1 is NPS and provider 2 is Skyvision or SLR i just switched from NPS to provider 2 last week and provider 2s prices are a little cheaper than NPS too

I use rps as well, use to go through my cuz in NY but got tired of bugging him, so I support the guys who support us in Canada, in the past I used murphys, star programming, program source and advantage, then nps with the help of family but since I purchased so much from roger in parts receivers and dishes (probably over 10000 over the years) I decided to use him for programming.

I would have used him from the start but only found out about the programming over at satforums, about 2 years ago.

So Skyvision, SRL, and :mad:NPS:mad: all sell to owners in Canada! So I wonder just how many CBand/4Dtv users there are in Canada, in my mind that kind of changes the ball game as far as dollars, I have herd that there are a lot of people in Canada who use big dishes, I would think most of them use the 4Dtv, or comparable, Motorola is making money, DAMN NPS all to hell!!!
Terry

Selling American programming in Canada is a grey area of the law but it is done. Just like people sell Starchoice (Shaw) in the U.S. Your technically not suppose to do it but...

Yes Canada has allot of Bud's I suspect quite a few people own 4DTV's and have subs.

Don't worry NPS will get their's for what they are pulling. You know the old saying, what comes around goes around.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts