More Random Thoughts

I bash the SEC a lot, but what irks me is how people like Sam act like it's the only conference in college football.

We have fans of other SEC teams (ramy, mccoy, jwfgeol), but they actually RESPECT other teams from other conferences.

Sam, OTOH, has no respect for the BYU and utah's of the world. In his world, it's the SEC and everyone else is garbage.

If he thinks that the SEC winner should get a free pass to the BCS title game, he's wrong.

Just because you're from a good conference doesn't mean you should get a free ticket- IMO, that's almost Notre Dame-esque.

We, OTOH, acknowledge the other conferences and the great teams they have.

Personally, I'd like to see an SEC team play in cold weather- I still percieve them as being warm-weather teams that can't thrive in snow.

no it wasn't...in Canada it was on NHL Network too...TSN had the Jays game but in Canada NHL Net is partially owned by TSN. Pretty cool seeing them play in a 1200 seat arena

but as for the logo, the SRC (French version of CBC) has the same logo ;)

Well it had TSN graphics all over the place and TSN announcers. I didn't watch between periods, so I don't know what studio it went to.

Also, there were not only CBC logos all over the place, but Hockey Night in Canada as well. Just looked odd is all.

Sandra

2 - When did people START going to Dodger games? Its the worst sports market in America.

3 - I'm sorry, but pre-season hockey? Other than taking a game to a non-NHL city, what is the point?

13 - An SEC all-star team would beat one from the rest of football by 40 points.

2 - Wow, harsh. Have you lived in LA? Sounds like perhaps you're buying into a stereotype.

I lived in LA for a few years, I went to many games where Dodger Stadium was packed. A fair number do tend to arrive late due to the absurd traffic in the area, but the crowd was electric many times. And this is coming from a girl who was raised partially in Yankee Stadium.

Worst sports market in America? Oh my.

3 - There is a point, players are fighting for jobs. I just prefer not to watch it.

13 - I didn't say the SEC wasn't good...it is. I'm saying SEC fans are so obnoxious about the conference being good that they wind up getting a lot of neutral observers (like me) rooting against them.

Sandra

2 - Wow, harsh. Have you lived in LA? Sounds like perhaps you're buying into a stereotype.

I lived in LA for a few years, I went to many games where Dodger Stadium was packed. A fair number do tend to arrive late due to the absurd traffic in the area, but the crowd was electric many times. And this is coming from a girl who was raised partially in Yankee Stadium.

Worst sports market in America? Oh my.
Arrive late, leave in the 7th. Any day game in Chavez Ravine, the beachball comes out. Not serious baseball fans since Koufax and Drysdale.

Arrive late, leave in the 7th. Any day game in Chavez Ravine, the beachball comes out. Not serious baseball fans since Koufax and Drysdale.

Sounds like an Oklahoma person's view of LA...reality, of course, is far different.

Sandra

Sounds like an Oklahoma person's view of LA...reality, of course, is far different.

Sandra
Grew up on the West Coast, lived in many places over the years. No offense, but you've got the typical NY attitude toward anybody West of the Appalachians and South of PA.

Grew up on the West Coast, lived in many places over the years. No offense, but you've got the typical NY attitude toward anybody West of the Appalachians and South of PA.

I lived in LA for a few years, so at the moment you're getting some west coast attitude, not east coast. In fact, too many New Yorkers have the same attitude about LA as you.

I was at a packed Dodger Stadium many times long after the Koufax/Drysdale years, so your generalizations are incorrect.

The Dodgers have good fans and lots of them, all the more reason I was surprised to see the place looking empty on TV the other night. Shea Stadium has also looked empty on TV this month, even with the Mets constantly announcing crowds of 50,000 or more.

Despite what you say about where you grew up, you still sound like you have an Oklahoma (and New York) person's view of LA sports.

No offense.

Sandra

Last edited:
This thread has really opened my eyes to some of the folks around here. Some people I thought were quite intelligent in their comments re: sports have chimed in here with such generalized, poorly thought out comments that I have certainly changed my views on them and their alleged intelligence.

Sad...

This thread has really opened my eyes to some of the folks around here. Some people I thought were quite intelligent in their comments re: sports have chimed in here with such generalized, poorly thought out comments that I have certainly changed my views on them and their alleged intelligence.

Sad...

I just wanted to see #16. :D

Sad...

As I have opened my eyes to some people who take a simple post on a message board originally attempted as dry humor and mistake them as personal insults. :rolleyes:

6. Am I the only Yankee fan who didn't watch the ceremonies on Sunday? Cowboys/Packers was too good to pass up. Not really that good, if you're a Packer fan :(

8. NFL shortcuts. Watch a whole NFL game in 30 minutes, every play. Amazing.
30 second skip also works amazingly well, it takes you to the start of the next play, usually.

11. The Cubs can play/pitch whoever they want against the Mets. It's the Brewers' own fault that they need help. No problem with that. If you can't hit or pitch, you won't win many games. Still pulling for the Brewers though.

12. Is Beanie Wells really that good? The Buckeyes look extremely ordinary right now. Here's hoping they stay ordinary...at least until after the Wisconsin game.

18. Speaking of Sapp, wow the man can move on Dancing With the Stars.
I always thought he was athletic especially for a big guy.

25. How satisfying was it to see Belicheck's team get thoroughly outplayed at home for once? And to see Belicheck thoroughy outcoached as well?
Did anybody really think the Dolphins would be that team?

28. At the risk of sounding catty, Jessica Simpson looked really big on Letterman last week. Not fat necessarily, just very filled out. Meowrrrr. Just kidding. :D Honestly, has she done anything to be worthy of being on Letterman?

Sandra[/QUOTE]

Well it had TSN graphics all over the place and TSN announcers. I didn't watch between periods, so I don't know what studio it went to.
NHL Net in Canada is owned by TSN so they used the TSN stuff ;)

Also, there were not only CBC logos all over the place, but Hockey Night in Canada as well. Just looked odd is all.

CBC was part sponser of Hockeyville (along with Kraft) so that pretty much explains why CBC was there for logos :)

after review CBC logos were because it was on cbcsports.ca streaming too
Village sur Glace de Roberval will roll out the red carpet for the NHL Tuesday night when the Montreal Canadiens and Buffalo Sabres meet in a pre-season game (CBCSports.ca, 7 p.m. ET).

To you sir, I say the same thing I said to HD_MM...you are talking out your ass! I challenge you to support your assinine comment. FACTS...not opinions please....

Haven't you heard???...He is just like his boy, Rush....never let the facts get in the way when you're bashing someone or something you don't like!!!...:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)