More RTN Subcarriers announced

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I sent an email to Pansat a while ago on the S2 capabilites of the 9200 and their response was the box is capable, they were just waiting for some real S2 stuff to show up FTA wise before diligently working and perfecting it.

. . . then, let's hope the North American Fortec PASSION hits the ground runnnnning ! - :eek:

That might be the only thing to save it from obscurity . . . and it's late arrival .

I sent an email to Pansat a while ago on the S2 capabilites of the 9200 and their response was the box is capable, they were just waiting for some real S2 stuff to show up FTA wise before diligently working and perfecting it.

interesting...I might have to check it out

I have a pansat 9200HD, I hope they release the pvr software and I will get an external SATA drive. I would buy the additional 8psk tuner if it will get the RTN channels.

C'MON PANSAT HURRY AND RELEASE THE FIX!!!

It does seem that there are going to be more DVB s2 feeds.

Somewhere in the distant future our MPEG-2 DVB boxes will be in the same pile in the attic with our analog c-band boxes!
We will be saying "remember when......."

Those things will be on ebay for $10.00

We may be entering in the "wild west" of signal types. I know 8PSK has several different flavors.
It may be sketchy trying to find a set top box that will do most of the newer signals.

I may go PC card and a fast computer with a good video card with componet video outputs so I can distribute the HD to all my tv's through the CE labs componet video distribution amps in my house.

That means a DVB-S2 receiver will also be able to receive regular DVB-S, which is what we are receiving now. News gathering is just a term meaning acquisition of video in the field for use on news broadcasts.

Pansat emailed me back today after I had inquired about the 8psk s-2 capability of the 9200Hd.

They said they would post the module on the website when it became available. BLAH!

Pansat emailed me back today after I had inquired about the 8psk s-2 capability of the 9200Hd.

They said they would post the module on the website when it became available. BLAH!

I strongly dislike "vaporware", and I hope that the E-SATA port and DVB-S2 support will become a reality sooner rather than later.

Good Morning Tron:)

Good morning to you too, Rdel :D

Here's hoping that a bunch of pirates buy the 9200s and then there's a super major ecm on them and they all ebay them for real cheap.

Did you guys ever wonder why E* is always getting hacked and not D*?
I know that E uses the same mpeg-2 that FTA boxes use but sometimes (thinking in terms of conspiracy) since a lot of us c-banders are not fans of pizza dishes - that maybe E* to some degree allows the hacking to be done.

Could they be making some money off the hackers some how? You never see websites selling FTA boxes claiming "free satellite tv" from D*.

You can't ever trust big business. Just a thought. I have read that most people who buy into the whole "hacker" thing usually end up spending more money than if they just bought the programming legit with a contract. After all you know the huge knowledgeable IT team that works for E* could shut down every pirate box on the planet if they wanted. Just seems strange to me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)