Moscow Russia
Must be one of those new fangled radios..mine has old fashioned buttons

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Missouri/Kansas
Now that Spa is back in the satellite lineup, I've accepted a winback offer to turn my car radio back on. It's $29.94 for 6 months and includes streaming.

Using an app to stream in the car is cumbersome and directly related to cellular availability. Even with Verizon, there are a couple of dead spots on my way to work. With SXM, it's always-on and I can change channels on the steering wheel without having to touch the phone while driving.

I'm glad SXM decided to return Spa to the satellite lineup. Let's hope they don't muck with it again.

I'm still using FTA satellite music channels in the house and IMO it's better than SXM, but for the car, SXM is better.

• Love
Reactions: TheKrell

harshness

SatelliteGuys Master
May 5, 2007
Salem, OR
Now that Spa is back in the satellite lineup, I've accepted a winback offer to turn my car radio back on.
I'm not sure what the impetus behind listening to relaxation sounds and music is while driving. There's enough drivers out there that seem to be asleep at the wheel without a radio adding its sleep-inducing contribution.

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Missouri/Kansas
I'm not sure what the impetus behind listening to relaxation sounds and music is while driving. There's enough drivers out there that seem to be asleep at the wheel without a radio adding its sleep-inducing contribution.
Trust me, if you had to deal with the people I have to deal with 8 hours a day 5 days a week, you'd need relaxation in the car too :biggrin

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
I think you actually agree with us since it was Calm that's boring enough to put people to sleep. You just haven't noticed anything engaging on Spa as yet. Are there occsional slow tracks on Spa that drone on for a long time? Yes, but in that case I just switch to SD card. New Age music is supposed to be interesting enough to listen to as a primary activity. It is not supposed to be elevator music or anything like the Calm channel.

I fully agree with CN. I have an extremely aggravating commute around the Washington Beltway. Or at least, I did before the pandemic. Spa was excellent to retain or regain my serenity after lunatic drivers with a death wish do something really stupid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)