more to come... Faith & Family Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

spvideo

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
Any speculation on the next possible additions to the channel line up. They still say more to come...

What channel would anyone else think would work well for the line-up?

Any speculation on the next possible additions to the channel line up. They still say more to come...

What channel would anyone else think would work well for the line-up?

Do you think we should refer to it as "their so called lineup" No one on this board, has even received an IPTV box yet...

Could they bag the whole thing? I wonder how much capital Dominion put up for this project and what their revenue sharing agreement is with NeuLion. Will NL pull out if a certain subscriber quota isn't met??

Could that be why they aren't shipping the boxes?

(Asking honestly, not sarcastically)

Someone posted they received a box as a beta tester but he is the only one I have seen say he has it.

Obviously they were delayed as subscribers were supposed to be shipped boxes 1/7. a delay email has been posted, nothing since. As the beta test was supposed to last 30 days, mid feb might be a more realistic date for shipment.

I wonder what the beta test is supposed to discover?

I'm taking it that NeuLion has been around, thus any issues with their box or it's compatibility with broadband connections should be a non-factor.

Is there perhaps some issue with certain channels being too close to each other due to the content resources (I'm thinking along the lines of bleed-over)? Or that they just need to make sure the content consistently makes it to the box ok from it's distribution source?

I admit I'm pretty clueless here. If this were an untested technology I guess I could understand the reason for the delays. But the silence as usual approach from Dominion has me hoping the Dish Faith rumors are true.

I wonder if beta testers have to sign a non-disclosure contract?

We may not be hearing about beta testers in real customer homes if they had to sign a contract which makes them unable to disclose any information. If home beta testers disclosed anything negative about the test to the public it wouldn't help SA any. So if they can only disclose information to SA they can remedy any potential problems before the official realease. :shh

SA has also obviously been doing their own beta test in house to come up with the decision to go with this. I'll bet they have have subscriptions to the other available NeuLion services and have been kicking the tires putting the service through its paces. Another sign that they may just be tweaking things in this phase is that no news might be good news. The major secular channels seem to be on board by signing deals with SA. They probably had to make a presentation to get them on board with the idea. Maybe we will get SA IPTV for valentines day. :heart

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)