Most anticipated NFL games you can recall

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
With the excitement of the upcoming NFL season drawing closer,

I'd like to find out what you considered some of the most anticipated games you can recall.

As NFL fans, I'm sure you can remember those games that, as they drew closer, you felt like a kid on Christmas morning- the big games.

For example, growing up in Buffalo, before the move to Wisconsin in 1994, I was a big Bills fan (moving can change a lot of things for you).

The game I was most excited for was when the Bills faced the Broncos in 1990.

Granted, the records were not much (Both were 2-1), but given that Denver was the class of the AFC and Buffalo still was learning how to win, this was HUGE for me.

Denver was up 21-9 with 10 minutes left in the game, but following a blocked FG for a TD, a pick six, and a short-yardage TD following a fumble, Buffalo had scored three TD's in 77 seconds. Absolutely amazing.

Also,

I'm sure lancemccafreey and remy (both Redskins fans, BTW) remember December 11, 1983.

12-2 Cowboys vs. 12-2 Redskins.

This game had the hype of last year's Colts/Patriots clash, but turned out to be as competitive as last year's Broncos/Lions game.

Made a Sports Illustrated Cover:

1219_large.jpg

I'm going to say any NFC East game from the 80's to the present. Those four teams hate each other, and it shows in their bloodbaths.

That's true, but that rivalry is a Johnny-come-lately. The Cowboys/Redskins/Giants/Eagles have been hated rivals for years.

That's why the NFL kept them all together even though the realignment from a few years ago would have said otherwise.

the 1990 49ers-Giants game that got a little bit deflated.

Both teams were 10-0 going into week 11, they played week 12.

Both teams lost on week 11, so it ended up being slightly less big, but still a massive massive game

I will try to tamp down my Redskins bias and only include regular season games.

1966 - Opening Night - Green Bay Packers vs. Baltimore Colts. The Packers beat the Colts in the second overtime game in NFL history in the Western Conference Championship in 1965 when a kick by Don Chandler, which was clearly no good, was ruled good by the officials. The kick allowed the Packers to go into OT where they beat the Colts 13-10. There was so much hype and anticipation for this game, in which the Colts were supposed to avenge the Packers by blowing them out, that I would have to rank it as one of the most anticipated regular season NFL games I can remember.

1967 - 11-0-2 Baltimore Colts vs. 10-1-2 Los Angeles Rams. Decided the division championship.

1969 - 11-0 Los Angeles Rams vs. 10-1 Minnesota Vikings
2004 - 5-1 Pittsburgh Steelers vs. 6-0 New England Patriots
2004 - 6-1 Pittsburgh Steelers vs. 7-0 Philadelphia Eagles
2003 - Present - Every regular season game between the Patriots and Colts

I will try to tamp down my Redskins bias and only include regular season games.

1966 - Opening Night - Green Bay Packers vs. Baltimore Colts. The Packers beat the Colts in the second overtime game in NFL history in the Western Conference Championship in 1965 when a kick by Don Chandler, which was clearly no good, was ruled good by the officials. The kick allowed the Packers to go into OT where they beat the Colts 13-10. There was so much hype and anticipation for this game, in which the Colts were supposed to avenge the Packers by blowing them out, that I would have to rank it as one of the most anticipated regular season NFL games I can remember.

1967 - 11-0-2 Baltimore Colts vs. 10-1-2 Los Angeles Rams. Decided the division championship.

Now I remember!

On DBSForums, you told me the story of how you were a Colt fan before Irsay moved them in the middle of the night!

I'm pretty damn excited for Week 2.

Steelers @ Browns. Sunday Night. NBC. I'll be there in person wearing orange and brown and barking like a mad man!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)