Manny goes to the Dodgers..

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Good or bad?

I will miss Manny, always had fun watching the guy playing, especially the first half of the season.

We are now getting Bay, do you think its good or bad?

I personally think its horrible....without Manny, our lineup will no longer be as dangerous as it was.....
I don't have high hopes for Bay.
Red Sox owners just made a huge mistake, and we ain't going back to the World Series this year...

I don't see anyone who can be that effective at cleanup and now ortiz is far more likely to be walked.

This is sad. I understand why they did it but it is still sad.

Friday August 1
10:40p EDT
Diamondbacks (FSN Ari & EI 748) @ Dodgers (FSN PT HD & EI 749/749-1)

I hope some of you east coast dbs'ers will stay up for this one. It's gonna be all Manny all night here in L.A.

Jerry Remy had quite a bit to say about about Man Ram during the OAK-BOS game earlier. The trade was inevitable.

The Dodgers have had high profile prima donna players with a 'me first' attitudes in their clubhouse before (Darryl Strawberry, Gary Sheffield come to mind), Manny should out do them all.

Whether we win the West now I think is still in question, but these last 2 months with Ramirez on the team will be very interesting.

The Dodgers have had high profile prima donna players with a 'me first' attitudes in their clubhouse before (Darryl Strawberry

First off,

I remember you from DBS Forums, IIRC. Weren't you that big USC fan?

Secondly, Manny's different from Sttawberry. Manny's numbers are bigger, and unlike Strawberry, he's been clean. He may be a pain in the butt, but he's been a clean and sober pain in the butt.

I think Bay will be a better player overall, Manny's defense stinks on ice, and he became too much of a distraction in the club house. Even the players wanted him out of there.

This ranks up there with trading the Babe. They just cut the heart out of the Red Sox and sold it. And Bay is all w got? What The Freak is a Bay???

This ranks up there with trading the Babe. They just cut the heart out of the Red Sox and sold it

Good god, you have GOT to be kidding!

Manny was a distraction, not an asset.

As Bill and I have been saying for weeks, Manny was becoming a problem.

Besides, the clubhouse will be less stormy.

Bill is a diehard Sox fan, and he wanted Manny gone!

Many people think this was the decision.

Cut the heart? More like cut the cancer that was eating at the heart.

Good god, you have GOT to be kidding!

Manny was a distraction, not an asset.

As Bill and I have been saying for weeks, Manny was becoming a problem.

Besides, the clubhouse will be less stormy.

Bill is a diehard Sox fan, and he wanted Manny gone!

Many people think this was the decision.

Cut the heart? More like cut the cancer that was eating at the heart.
The cancer that got them two rings? The best pure hitter in the game? Unless Bay is Arod in disguise it was a bad trade. The Sox might not even be a wildcard team now.:rolleyes:

PS good for Bill, Perhaps he should ask Big Pappi why he has Manny's number on his wrist band.

Last edited:
I think Bay will be a better player overall, Manny's defense stinks on ice, and he became too much of a distraction in the club house. Even the players wanted him out of there.
FYI, with that wall behind him he didnt have to be a great defensive player. All he had to do was play the ball ff the wall. I doubt Bay even knows where to stand.

We'll miss his bat for sure :( But management and teammates put up with his crap way too long.
Edit:
*** Maybe we won't miss Manny's bat. Bay just hit a 3 run shot. ***

Last edited:
The cancer that got them two rings? The best pure hitter in the game? Unless Bay is Arod in disguise it was a bad trade. The Sox might not even be a wildcard team now.:rolleyes:

Question: Do you watch the Sox on a regular basis? Because if you do, there's no way you can deny the life that's been pumped back into this team the last two nights. Does that mean that they're gonna win the World Series? Of course not. In fact, they might not even makes the playoffs. Who knows? The only thing I DO know is that this team was going no where with Manny in that locker room. Anyone that disputes that after watching this team for two weeks after the ASB, has their head you know where. And I for one will root for them win, lose, or draw.

PS good for Bill, Perhaps he should ask Big Pappi why he has Manny's number on his wrist band.

Ummm gee, I dunno, maybe they are very close friends? :rolleyes:

Question: Do you watch the Sox on a regular basis? Because if you do, there's no way you can deny the life that's been pumped back into this team the last two nights. Does that mean that they're gonna win the World Series? Of course not. In fact, they might not even makes the playoffs. Who knows? The only thing I DO know is that this team was going no where with Manny in that locker room. Anyone that disputes that after watching this team for two weeks after the ASB, has their head you know where. And I for one will root for them win, lose, or draw.

Ummm gee, I dunno, maybe they are very close friends? :rolleyes:
Well at least you admit that the talent is not there to go anywhere since Manny left. With Manny 2 rings, without none. maybe they should have just shown him the money early. Stupidest move of all time.

Well at least you admit that the talent is not there to go anywhere since Manny left.

I did? Really? LMAO.....I think a little reading comprehension course is in order! :eek:

With Manny 2 rings, without none.

Wow, they moved the World Series up to August now. Thanks, I better set my DVR!

maybe they should have just shown him the money early. Stupidest move of all time.

Will you be my new boss? PLEASE!!!!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)