Manny goes to the Dodgers..

I did? Really? LMAO.....I think a little reading comprehension course is in order! :eek:
Perhaps a little reality is in order for you then. I recall recently the Sox going into the 7th inning or so in two games against the Angels with 2 + run leads only to have the pitching fall on its face. I think Management has just given up on this season knowing the pitching just isnt there this year to accomplish anything important.

I like seeing a guy get off to a good start, but I remember Ken Harrelson hitting a homer in his first Red Sx at bat but then doing nothing (only 2 more homers) for the rest of the 1967 season. I remember Jack Clark in his first Red Sox game hitting a homer so hard I was afraid it was going to put a hole in the fan in the stands that got in its way, but after that, nothing.

The measure for Bay will be what he does when they start to boo. He had two strikeouts in his only two at bats before hitting the triple that set himself up to score the game winning run. If he had struck out the third time, the boo birds would have started yesterday.

Stupidest move of all time.

:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha

STUPIDEST MOVE OF ALL-TIME?!

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Here are the stupidest moves of all-time:

Herschel Walker to the Vikings.

Phil Esposito to the Bruins.

Garnett to the Celtics.

Mike Hampton to the Rockies.

THOSE were some of the stupidest moves of all-time.

Trading Manny was the equivalent of using Pine-Sol to clean up some grime- necessary and inevitable.

I did? Really? LMAO.....I think a little reading comprehension course is in order! :eek:

Wow, they moved the World Series up to August now. Thanks, I better set my DVR!

Will you be my new boss? PLEASE!!!!! :D

Bill,

Don't even bother arguing with him, he is the worst kind of fan, fair weathered. Hates the Pats, than acts like he is a Sox and C's fan after they win or contend for titles.

Bill,

Don't even bother arguing with him, he is the worst kind of fan, fair weathered. Hates the Pats, than acts like he is a Sox and C's fan after they win or contend for titles.

Hart,

I just don't understand these Manny apologists. We ALL know what Manny has accomplished in his career, that's well established, but the man is a CANCER. He literally sucked the life out of this Red Sox team this week. This past week, against the Yankees and Angels ,was the worst I've seen a Red Sox team play since the sad days when Butch Hobson was manager (circa early 90's). For heaven's sake, it's simple math...............addition by subtraction.

Hart,

I just don't understand these Manny apologists. We ALL know what Manny has accomplished in his career, that's well established, but the man is a CANCER. He literally sucked the life out of this Red Sox team this week. This past week, against the Yankees and Angels ,was the worst I've seen a Red Sox team play since the sad days when Butch Hobson was manager (circa early 90's). For heaven's sake, it's simple math...............addition by subtraction.

I don't know when the last straw for the veterans on the team, was. But mine was the Rivera at bat, how do you just intentionally look at 3 pitches, because you are wooried about an option for 2009, JFC!:mad: After that I washed my hands of the guy.

Just like with Belichick and Pioli, I will always give Theo and Terry the benefit of the doubt, because they have built and coached multiple championship teams and teams that year after year compete for championships. So when I saw Terry's press conference the next day and the relaxed look on his face, I knew it was the right move, considering he is in the locker room everyday, not me. Obviously Vurbano must a mole inside the locker room, that told him different:rolleyes:

How can anyone say getting rid of Manny was the wrong move, when he refused to even compete.

Hart,

Manny has been the same for eons on the Red Sox....BUT NOW, he has been the worst that he has ever been??!! You gotta be kidding me....! Look, the reason ALL these Red Sox fans have their thongs all twisted in a knot is because of 2 things: 1st and foremost, they are NOT in 1st place. In a year that the Yankees did not have the very best talent on paper in the division, much less the league....the Red Sox "nation" thought for sure they would be running away with the division by now....10 maybe 15 games ahead of everyone. Guess what, the Red Sox have gotten old and their starting pitching is even older. And 2ndly, the lowly Tampa Rays are younger, better and hungrier than the almighty Red Sox. You know that sooner or later, they were gonna be a better team....getting their a$$ kicked by the Red Sox, Yankees and even Toronto to a certain extent...was gonna wake them up. NOW, guess who is doing that a$$ kicking....??

I have said it before and I will say it again, IF the Red Sox were in 1st place by say....5 games....they would have NEVER traded Manny. They might have let his contract expire or even not pick-up the option, but they would have never traded him. Now, they have a face and a villian to blame. I do not apologize for Manny because I have NEVER liked him NOR the Red Sox and truth be told, they have almost surpast the Yankees as the most arrogant and obxionous team in the major....which is a major accomplishment when you consider they have JUST AS MANY World Series wins as the lowly Marlins.....:rolleyes:

Manny has been the same for eons on the Red Sox....BUT NOW, he has been the worst that he has ever been??!! You gotta be kidding me....!

I kid you not. You now what i find funny? You- SALSA- were all over Anders in another thread for pissing all over the Marlins, and told him that he didn't know the first thing about what was going on in South Florida. Now you try to tell us that you know better than anyone else on this board what happened with Me-Me here in Boston???? Wow, ego much!!

Look, the reason ALL these Red Sox fans have their thongs all twisted in a knot is because of 2 things: 1st and foremost, they are NOT in 1st place. In a year that the Yankees did not have the very best talent on paper in the division, much less the league....the Red Sox "nation" thought for sure they would be running away with the division by now....10 maybe 15 games ahead of everyone. Guess what, the Red Sox have gotten old and their starting pitching is even older. And 2ndly, the lowly Tampa Rays are younger, better and hungrier than the almighty Red Sox. You know that sooner or later, they were gonna be a better team....getting their a$$ kicked by the Red Sox, Yankees and even Toronto to a certain extent...was gonna wake them up. NOW, guess who is doing that a$$ kicking....??

Once again a reading comprehension issue!!! :mad: How many times have I stated that I didn't care if the Red sox finished in last place, AS LONG AS THAT MAGGOT WAS OFF THE TEAM!!!!

I have said it before and I will say it again, IF the Red Sox were in 1st place by say....5 games....they would have NEVER traded Manny. They might have let his contract expire or even not pick-up the option, but they would have never traded him. Now, they have a face and a villian to blame.

Here we go again, Salsa knows best what happened with Me-Me here in Boston. So let me get this straight, the Red Sox traded Me-Me so they can blame Me-Me when they miss the playoffs??? LMFAO ...yup, that's it. :rolleyes:

I do not apologize for Manny because I have NEVER liked him

You never liked him, but you keep defending his behavior??? Oh I see, you just like playing the contrarian. :rolleyes:

Guess what, the Red Sox have gotten old and their starting pitching is even older.

LMAO, wow classic. So the Red Sox "old" starting pitching is their problem? Let's take a look-see:

Josh Beckett (age 28) 9-8 - 4.13 .............He's not having a Beckett-like year, but what MLB team would not like "Big Game Beckett" on their team.

Daisuke Matsuzaka (age 27) 12-2 - 3.04..........control has been an issue, but the Dice Man is having a better second year

Jon Lester (age 24) 10-3 - 3.14...................what can you say about this kid: cancer survivor, won the WS clinching game last year, and threw a no-no this year. he has been by far the best pitcher on this staff the last two months.

Clay Buchholz (age 23) 2-7 - +5 ERA..........having a bad year after last season's call-up when he threw a no-no is his second MLB start. Still one of the highly touted prospects in the organization. This kid has great stuff

Justin Masterson (age 23) 4-3 - 3.61.................Rookie has been solid this year. When his sinker is on he's nearly unhittable

That leaves Tim Wakefield, at 41, as the only "older" starter on the Red Sox staff. He's 6-8 with a very respectable 3.77 ERA and consistently gets into the 7th inning.

Salsa,
please explain to me how the Red Sox "older" starting pitching is a problem. :rolleyes:

I kid you not. You now what i find funny? You- SALSA- were all over Anders in another thread for pissing all over the Marlins, and told him that he didn't know the first thing about what was going on in South Florida. Now you try to tell us that you know better than anyone else on this board what happened with Me-Me here in Boston???? Wow, ego much!!

Nope...not ego at all. He stated that the Marlins BOUGHT the world series in '97...when in fact that AT LEAST 3/4 of the 25 man roster was either acquired by home grown talent or trade....NOT "bought" via free agencey as he calmly stated as fact. Google it....it is there in black and white.

Secondly, he stated as fact, that the Marlins tried to "out spend the Yankees" when in infact, the Marlins payroll for that year was around $54 million and the Yankees was about $100 million MORE...again, not MY opinion, but the facts. Also, he does not LIVE in south Florida, does not know this has been a football town forever and that MOST of the baseball fans are TRANSPLANTS from northern cities....bringing their aliances...again, not MY opnion, but facts.

Once again a reading comprehension issue!!! :mad: How many times have I stated that I didn't care if the Red sox finished in last place, AS LONG AS THAT MAGGOT WAS OFF THE TEAM!!!!

I missed that one....my bad....;)

Here we go again, Salsa knows best what happened with Me-Me here in Boston. So let me get this straight, the Red Sox traded Me-Me so they can blame Me-Me when they miss the playoffs??? LMFAO ...yup, that's it. :rolleyes:

Yep...who else are they gonna blame if they don't make the playoffs? And if they DO make the playoffs, they can say, "see, if we didn't trade him, we would have never made it...!" I mean they sure as sh** not gonna blame themselves? They will not blame 'boy genius' general manager....SOMEBODY has take blame for the failure of not being in 1st place....I mean it CAN'T be the injuries and lack of production at the top of the order(they had to move JD Drew to LEADOFF??!!)....CAN'T be their starting pitching has gotten old and they still depend on both a old a$$ knuckleballer and a 39 year old Schilling?? Nope....it HAS to be Manny's fault!:rolleyes:

You never liked him, but you keep defending his behavior??? Oh I see, you just like playing the contrarian. :rolleyes:

Never liked him....but I also don't like teams not taking responsibilities of losing or not winning by blaming a player, when it is clear as day they HE is not the reason they are not in 1st place.....but the team pointing all the fingers....

LMAO, wow classic. So the Red Sox "old" starting pitching is their problem? Let's take a look-see:

Josh Beckett (age 28) 9-8 - 4.13 .............He's not having a Beckett-like year, but what MLB team would not like "Big Game Beckett" on their team.

Daisuke Matsuzaka (age 27) 12-2 - 3.04..........control has been an issue, but the Dice Man is having a better second year

Jon Lester (age 24) 10-3 - 3.14...................what can you say about this kid: cancer survivor, won the WS clinching game last year, and threw a no-no this year. he has been by far the best pitcher on this staff the last two months.

Clay Buchholz (age 23) 2-7 - +5 ERA..........having a bad year after last season's call-up when he threw a no-no is his second MLB start. Still one of the highly touted prospects in the organization. This kid has great stuff

Justin Masterson (age 23) 4-3 - 3.61.................Rookie has been solid this year. When his sinker is on he's nearly unhittable

That leaves Tim Wakefield, at 41, as the only "older" starter on the Red Sox staff. He's 6-8 with a very respectable 3.77 ERA and consistently gets into the 7th inning.

Salsa,
please explain to me how the Red Sox "older" starting pitching is a problem. :rolleyes:

ALL but DICE, Beckett and Lester brought up this year.....if I am not mistaken. But then again, you proved my point that it sure as hell wasn't Manny from preventing you from being in 1st place. Wakefield.....6-8, Buckholtz....2-7 and Beckett...9-8....Ellsbury barely hitting .260....Papi being on the disabled list

Never liked him....but I also don't like teams not taking responsibilities of losing or not winning by blaming a player, when it is clear as day they HE is not the reason they are not in 1st place.....but the team pointing all the fingers....

No one has ever blamed Me-Me for being the reason the Red Sox have not played up to their potential (that's until the horror show against the Yankees and Angels). Me-Me was having his usual productive year until he decided to QUIT on his team. The middle relief has and will be the Sox ultimate downfall.

No one has ever blamed Me-Me for being the reason the Red Sox have not played up to their potential (that's until the horror show against the Yankees and Angels). Me-Me was having his usual productive year until he decided to QUIT on his team. The middle relief has and will be the Sox ultimate downfall.

When did he "quit"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)