Most awesome Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea ever .....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rgk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 10, 2007
Caledonia,MI
Recorded 8 hours of METV2 last night to see what I might be missing and to test the micros ability to record two channels at once. The Voyage on METV2 is a different episode than the one they show on METV1. Last night they launched a spacious two man rocket from the Seaview without the need for a launch tube.Rocket blast vented right into the sub and that's not the most amazing part. After the rocket went astray and ended up on Venus , which by the way is occupied by an advanced party of english speaking cobra headed centaurians, they had another back up rescue rocket aboard the boat. Irwin Allen sure did know how to push the limits of suspended disbelief.

Good news. Which satellite did you tape from?

Recorded 8 hours of METV2 last night to see what I might be missing and to test the micros ability to record two channels at once. The Voyage on METV2 is a different episode than the one they show on METV1. Last night they launched a spacious two man rocket from the Seaview without the need for a launch tube.Rocket blast vented right into the sub and that's not the most amazing part. After the rocket went astray and ended up on Venus , which by the way is occupied by an advanced party of english speaking cobra headed centaurians, they had another back up rescue rocket aboard the boat. Irwin Allen sure did know how to push the limits of suspended disbelief.

rgk,

IMHO, Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea went downhill after season 2.
It seems that after the first 2 seasons, the Seaview was mainly encountering only massive electric jellyfish, giant squid, octopus and other types of outlandish sea monsters. The plots got real weak at this point.

rgk,

IMHO, Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea went downhill after season 2.
It seems that after the first 2 seasons, the Seaview was mainly encountering only massive electric jellyfish, giant squid, octopus and other types of outlandish sea monsters. The plots got real weak at this point.

I would have to agree unless you find humour in the ridiculous.

The "metv2" feed you speak of is when there are local syndex issues in markets. Some markets have shows that are on MeTV on other local stations and those local stations "claim" the rights. So MeTV has to substitute other programming

The biggest one is I Love Lucy. In Los Angeles the Fox affiliate has carried it since the 60s so MeTV substitutes another program on their affiliate there. I know Cheers is another one. Now here in Minneapolis Cheers is on KSTC45 an Independent station but its also on MeTV...KSTC doesnt involve syndex. Other markets do

MeTV2 is airing the season 4 episodes currently. My favorites were the B&W season 1 episodes. Many espionage and cold war themed plots. Later on the series became more about the monsters and special effects.

If you enjoy the Irwin Allen programs as much as I do it's fun to spot the shared props and costumes between the various shows. He recycled everything.

I'm glad that MeTV2 airs them at 9:pM EST when I can enjoy them without recording and Get Smart at 10:30 EST.

I like recording stuff off of MeTV2, there are no annoying watermark logos on anything on that channel. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts