Most Usefull invention ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favorite invention is the CBand antenna and its feedhorns and recievers :) Edit to add: noticed the "useful" part of the OP. Same answer, the dish has allowed developement of dish internet, can recieve entertainment programming (to keep some from losing their minds), educational programming (to keep the kids from losing thier minds and get a little smarter at the same time) to name a few off the top of my head. Change to L-Band and you have a Life form searching tool :) also you can turn this big antenna into a ham radio antenna :)

happy valentines day van :) I have those kinda days every now and then, but things will get easier. My daughter is five, and is a great friend, though sassy, and a great Wii-playing partner :) My son is going to be a year old in early march. Free helper :) Hey is this the same Wally World like that on that National Lampoons vacation movie where Chevy Chase goes and punches the moose in the nose? Sounds like a grocery store from the text, but i can hope!

edit: Noticed my :) storm, hope they don't get to you :)

Last edited:
My Top Ten Most Useful Inventions

1. Vice Grips
  2. WD-40
  3. the TV remote
  4. the microwave oven
  5. car: automatic door locks
  6. the computer mouse
  7. chilled temperature, high speed dentist drills
  8. the dimpled golf ball
  9. baby's pacifier
  10. ceiling fans!

Yes Women.
As far a man-made. When man learned how to harness and generate electricity.

I think ke4est would "win", by giving the best answer so far (other than women :) ) Where would we be without electricity?

Heard this a few years ago, but you know that WD 40 stands for Water Displacement, with a formula that wasn't "correct" until the 40th try.... very useful :) shines up my big tool chest, removes minor scratches, and helps with those stuck rusty nuts and it smells better than those funky smelling driver handles, that composite plastic stinky stuff.

I believe the most useful invention IMO must be antibiotics or to be more specific Penicillin. This drug is the reason why our lifespans have greatly increased and I believe that as good as electricity and such are they do you no good when your dead.

Also Ace Ventura: Pet Detective is number two on my list of the best inventions lol.:D

Well then travelin' man, I would be far more basic than that and have to give the award of the best invention ever to the Wheel. :)

Second prize to the lever.
I would say the 3 most simplest machines, the lever, the inclined plane, and the wheel and axle are the most useful inventions ever. From that, most other machines can be built (to some degree). If there were genealogy for inventions, then these 3 would be the Adam & Eve. However, they probably were not "invented" in the traditional sense. The same would apply for fire, electricity, running water, etc.

Of the real inventions that humans really have made, I would say the printing press. It not only brought religion (for better or worse) to millions, but it also brought the world out of the dark ages. Before then, education was something of privilege. After the invention, it became much easier over time to become more educated, leading to even more inventions.

In the more modern time, I would say the transistor. It's enabled everything from clock radios to computers to automobiles to televisions to become what they are. While we wouldn't be living in the dark ages if it wasn't discovered, I think we can all agree life wouldn't be nearly what it is today without it. I know I would personally have a VERY hard time developing web pages if I had to do it on a type writer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts