Mot DSR922 install question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DefCon4

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
Northern CA
I have authorized a Mot DSR922 through WebSams and have received Hits on the Trip Counter from G1-3. In the programming process every sat shows 5000 on the position counter and cannot be changed. I have not been able to pre-adjust the East-West arc limits even after a Master Reset. Every "bump" to fine tune a sat moves the dish exceedingly by several inches at the LNB, but the counter always stays at 5000. Is there a diagnostic screen on the DSR922 to confirm the pulse counts are being received from the actuator? What am I doing incorrectly?

Thanks for your help.

DefCon4

I had a similar problem. It turned out to be a bad connection and the signal,(pulses) were not getting to the receiver. Redoing the connection did the job. Make sure everything is good at the dish first. Have a great day!

I have authorized a Mot DSR922 through WebSams and have received Hits on the Trip Counter from G1-3. In the programming process every sat shows 5000 on the position counter and cannot be changed. I have not been able to pre-adjust the East-West arc limits even after a Master Reset. Every "bump" to fine tune a sat moves the dish exceedingly by several inches at the LNB, but the counter always stays at 5000. Is there a diagnostic screen on the DSR922 to confirm the pulse counts are being received from the actuator? What am I doing incorrectly?

Thanks for your help.

DefCon4

It's probably a wiring issue - you should check your wiring first. Also, if you get the wiring swapped with the motor wiring you'll probably burn up the reed switch (counter).

stone1150 and johnnynobody,

You guys hit it right on the head! The magnetic sensor wires in the actuator were not connected to the terminal block per diagram, so the wires to the DSR922 did not send the pulses as intended. All is well now with the bump increments much smaller and the arc limits set for 58-135W from the mid-Northern Pacific Coast.

Is there a hidden screen on the DSR922 that allows a finer tuning of the sats?

Thanks very much.

DefCon4 :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts