Moteck SG2100 Motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sg2100

If you find out how much these cost, I would really like to know too. Do you have to buy one from a dealer or can you pick this up at Radio Shack?

Thanks so much,

Darleen

They dont sell them in Radio Shack..yet! The way FTA satellite is taking off I think they soon will be selling them, there are 3-4 fine dealers here at the FTA forum and you can contact them direct.

simdarhan said:
If you find out how much these cost, I would really like to know too. Do you have to buy one from a dealer or can you pick this up at Radio Shack?

Thanks so much,

Darleen

I haven't seen any at Radio Shack, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. Only dealers carry them.

If you're looking for one, you can get them here

I doubt that Radio Shack will ever carry FTA,, they would not be able to service the custmer, most would be returned. Even the novices on this board know more then almost any Shack salesmen.
Remember Radio Shack's motto, "You got questions, we got batteries"

Fixing an old big dish actuator is hardly worth it, check the specials on my web page!

sg2100,2500a,Bev26" dish, Dave LNB Need Help

Just finished installing my sg2100 HH motor to a 24 Bev dish with a DAVE LNB. I live in Toronto, Canada, with Long 79.6 and Lat of 43.6 I am having a hard time trying to get a signal.

My true south is 191W which I set the HH up to as best I can. The pole was level prior to mounting the HH and dish, Not sure if the weight is throwing it off.

I am a little unclear as to what to do after aiming the dish to the true south. I have changed the dish elevation a couple of times to no avail.

I have a cheap sig meter to hook up but unsure where to hook up. Is it to the LNB side, or receiver side?

Should I be playing with the dish elevation first or azimuth of the dish and motor first?

Also what do I do in the Antenna setup? Which sat should I try to aim for first? Unclear which would be my true south sat?

Sorry for all the questions, but back is aching from climbing ladder all afternoon.

JC

I would aim for AMC 5 as its your true south bird.
Forget the signal meter they are really only good for DBS powerful satellites. Use a TV at the dish.
There is an easy set up guide for the motor in the review or FAQ area, follow those Directions.
Off set the pole/mast slightly to take into account the weight of the dish and motor, it was nice of Dave to lend you his LNB?
If worst comes to worst I would remove the motor and find and store a few satellites it will make the set up much easier......don't give up you will get it!

guys
Keep the posts here to the review. If you are having problems with your equipment,. post in the FTA section :)

New 50mm mounting tube!

This will allow you to mount larger dishes. 1.2 and .9 meter dishes commonly come with larger mounting brackets. The tube that comes with the SG2100 is 42mm. The 50mm tube gives you a nice size increase and hopefully willl help in mounting those larger dishes.

http://www.dmsiusa.com/parts.htm

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts