Motek HH180 Motor - Fortec 180 Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bidaw

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2005
After seeing another members setup, I decided to dust off the spare 6ft dish and plant it. So far it has worked out great! I have never set up a H-H C-band Dish before...but hey...now I have!

Question, when I set up my SG2100, I had a QPH-031 set up on the dish so I could tune into 82W as my true south sat. (I am located at 81.7W)

What C-band sat would be my TS and what transponder should I key in on?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• sat1.jpg
    sat1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 448
  • sat2.jpg
    sat2.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 442
  • sat3.jpg
    sat3.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 474
Reactions: FeedHunter24
Someone told me AMC 9 has C-band Signal from time to time. Anyone here know of a strong transponder on AMC 9 that I could lock in on as my true south sat?

I like how that Motek HH180 Motor looks on your 6ft fortec. I need to look one up

Nice install Bidaw. Professional looking.

I'm thinking of motorizing my Fortec FS6D also. I already have the pole in the ground ready.

That's an interesting mount on your mesh dish in the background. I have never seen one like it. Is it buried in the ground?

My Sami mesh is mounted on a roof mount sitting on the ground. It has enough weight that its not going anywhere. These dishes are setting in between my house and garage so most of the natural airflow is cut to prevent most wind shear. Very fortunate, especially with that HH180 and the fabrication issue that some have talked about.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)