motor and the QPH-031

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just one will work.If you want both circular and linear to work you will need a switch like a 4x1 between the lnb and motor

This lnbf has four outputs, two are Linear and two are Circular. The Linear ones have an L stamped at them, the Circular have a C stamped at them. You can use one of the L's and get the Linear sats or you can use one of the C's to get Circular sats. Or you can use a diseqc switch and get both the L & C using one of the outputs from each. The extra outputs could be used for another receiver. Or you could use a 4x4 multi-switch in place of a diseqc switch and use up to four receivers.

The Invacom Quad (QPH-031) is really two dual output LNBFs (a DBS circular and a FSS linear) in one case. There are two outputs for each type (circular and linear), so each pair of outputs is for a different use (not a true four output LNBF).

DSS922 Dual Circular/Linear LNBF

i wonder if anyone has used this...it seems to fit my purposes better, as it provides linear and circular. if i put my prodelin 75 on an sg2100, then can i put this lnb on it to get everything? that way i can motorize two dishes, and get all ku band on two seperate receivers independent of each other! btw, thanks to the anole nods, i see that the prodelin 75 is easily motorizable with an sg2100...many have done so with bigger...

its a circular lnb with a low lof/h. circular lnb's will receive linear with a slight decrease in quality. I cant remember the exact amount, its been discused here before.

its cheaper then an invacom sure, but there is a reason the invacom is more expensive.

Ive got a 1m winegard and an invacom qph-031 and the sg2100 turns it fine.

Besides potential performance questions, the thing I see about this versus the Invacom QPH-031, is that it'll be receiving circular with the wrong Local Oscillator frequency.
I suppose for a blind scan receiver, it's not much of a problem, if you're just seeking NASA and Angel One.

I was looking for a rectangular base FSS LNB for a project, and the Megasats and Coolsats of days gone by, have disappeared.
This might be worth a try for my use, too.
However, the wide-band front end, capable of being overloaded by DBS birds, doesn't sit very well with me.

Wish I knew more, so if anyone tries one, let us know!

the circular and linear are seperate outputs on the invacom qph-031

so you need to use a switch like a 22khz or 4x1 to switch from linear to circular. simply changing the lof/h wont effect the lnb's reception.

the lof/h is used on the satellite receiver side. lnb's all send their signal on the Lband, 950mhz to 2150mhz. the lof/h is simply used for the receiver, ie if you tell the receiver to tune 11998mhz and youve told the receiver the lnb lof/h is 10750 then it subtracts 10750 from 11998 = 1248mhz so the receiver then tunes 1248mhz.

the lnb doesnt actually know what lof/h the receiver is tuned to, nor does it care. it allways outputs the Lband.

so basically the lofh is just there for us so these freq numbers make sense. no other reason.

The DSS922 is not really linear/circular. It is only a circular polarized lnb with an extended range for the circular lnb into the normally linear range. The advertisements on this lnb are in error. The only use for this is for receiving the 118.8/119 satellite and it has little use for fta. The QPH-031 is truly a dual output circular lnb and a dual output linear lnb in a single package. It is used a lot on motorized systems as it can receive both the fss linear sats and can also receive the very few circular polarized signals on dss satellites that are not encrypted. Good for finding out which sat you are pointed to and you never have to change the lnb.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)