Motor Arrives Waiting For Remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ShaneLinder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2006
Texas
Well, the motor I ordered has arrived. However my remote control quit working and since it was under warranty, I sent it back. Can't do a scan or much else without the remote so I will have to wait for a new one before having the motor installed.

I am leaving the installation up to the pros and calling in a tech to install it for me. That will probably cost me between $100 - $150. My next toy will be a DVR. I am looking forward to being able to get Smile Of A Child for my kids.

Since you're in Texas Shane the install should be rather easy for the tech. Most of Texas has a true south satellite of betwen 97 (IA5/G25) and 101 (AMC4) so it shuldn't take too long for him to do it.

A motor is well worth it! Also there are some interesting news channels on IA5. Russia Today, Al Jazeera English & 2 others are in English and give different views of what's happening in the world. A fair amount of ethnic channels too.

I've seen SOAC numerous times and its a real cool kids channel :)

Well, I think it will be a little while yet. They tested the remote and said it was good. I guess that means something is wrong with the receiver. They are shipping it back to me and will provide tech support over the phone to figure out the problem.

My wife thought maybe the glass in the entertainment center was too dirty but it didn't look that dirty and the other remotes are working. We did the obvious, and changed the batteries. So now I wait until I get the remote back and start troubleshooting.

I will try that as soon as the remote gets back to me. I had to sink $400 in car repairs this week so that puts off the installation of my dish motor until next paycheck :( so I guess there is no real hurry for the remote to get back now.

I bet we could talk you through the installation - shoot they taught me how to do it :) I had acually set up a few FTA's before I attempted to set up the motor, and reading everyones advice here, I had my motor installed within minutes the first time. Now it is a no brainer. THe upside is, if something goes wrong, you can take of since you know how it works. I was going to hire my original FTA installation done, but I am glad now I didn't. I hate to see someone pay to have it done. Don't give up! I know we can get you up and running :)

On the other hand, sometimes it is worth the peace of mind and not having the frustration to just have someone else do it. Either way, you will LOVE having a motorized setup!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)