Motor bracket question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cosmokramer11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Queens
I have a sg-2100 motor. Today I had it installed, and I noticed on the elevation bracket there is two sides. One is elevation the other is latitude. Now my elevation is 40 and I put it to that side on the bracket. But on the side is latitude now isnt that the same as elevation?

What you need to do is adjust it based on your latitude. The elevation of the motor becomes your elevation and the elevation of the satellite dish becomes your declination.

The elevation for the motor is NOT the elevation for any particular satellite so don't get that mixed up. To keep from getting confused, just ignore the elevation side of the motor bracket and set it up based on your latitude throughout the full installation.

the latitude side should be the same as your latitude

I luck out as I am at 45N so either way on the scale is the same :)

What you need to do is adjust it based on your latitude. The elevation of the motor becomes your elevation and the elevation of the satellite dish becomes your declination.

The elevation for the motor is NOT the elevation for any particular satellite so don't get that mixed up. To keep from getting confused, just ignore the elevation side of the motor bracket and set it up based on your latitude throughout the full installation.

Thats a bit confusing. My latitude is 40.7 thats what I put on my motor bracket elevation side. From watching Sadon video on how to setup motor on the dish my declination is latitude - 6 deg. So that would be 34. So I should put my elevation on my dish 34?

Last 2 sentences of WSIA's reply answers your question.
Declination means "of the dish" not motor bracket. STick your angle-meter on the backside ofyour dish to measure that angle.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts