Titanium

AI6US
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 23, 2013
Meadow Vista, Northern California
MotoZero Motor Controller on Pi
102085_1024x1024.JPG

Here is a new product for the motor tinkers. The config that they outline supports up to 36Vdc @ 1.2A. Would need to add relays to support the higher C-band actuator current requirements, but could easily control a lighter dish for small projects.

Example Satellite Controller Applications:
1. A simple 90cm dish on hh motor or actuator on a polar mount. mount.

2. An advanced unit with dual H/V axis actuators / LNBF servo for automatic signal acquisition using DiEqC 1.2 decoding, a GPS module, level module and high resolution optical sensors. The unit could receive a 'GoTo X" command from the receiver, process GPS coordinate, process level module, calculate the azimuth and elevation from point "0" then drive to the calculated location and set skew offset. If no signal is detected the AZ and EL actuators could step through a defined search range. Using a receiver that fully integrates DiSEqC 1.2 (like the Amiko A3, Mini HD SE, etc.) the STB could issue a DiSEqC "Stop" command when the signal is acquired or integrate a SDR chipset to lock on to beacons and optimize as a stand alone device.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0176/3274/files/MotoZero_User_Guide_1.2.pdf

Reactions: N6BY and fred555
Looks like it just turns the power on and off. Unless I missed something, I didn't see anything about DiSEqC or reed sensor pulse counting in the specs, so it looks like that would have to be done separately by another circuit.

Reactions: Titanium
Each motor relay is controlled by 3 GPIO pins. One is to enable the motor, and the other two pins control the motor direction. This could be easily adapted to work with an Arduino.

I just ordered a few I'll send one to KE4EST :)

Reactions: KE4EST
Anyone remember a motor add-on kit "ST 400 Tracker"? I was looking at one and it's perfect for adding the power for moving a big dish.
ST400tracker 001.JPG ST400tracker 007.JPG
The transformer provides the motor power and the 4 wire connector to the receiver is +5v, Ground, East and West triggers. Two transistors control the relays.

Reactions: N6BY
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)