Motor HH90 Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

yardie0

Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
I have a motorized system driven by a coolsat 5000. My antenna is 90cm and is mounted on a stab HH90 motor. It has been working fine until yesteday morning. I was watching GolTv on 110W then I tried to switch to 103W but the motor did not move. I then tried PAS9 at 58W and same result. I used the remote to manually move the antenna to 58W but it continued to move eastwards until it reached the mechanical limit (i assume).
The problem now is I can't get the motor to move west from the position it is in. I disabled the limits in the program (although I did not enable it originally).I checked the 4x1 diseqc switch and all four ports were able to switch between 18 and 13 volts so i think the switch is ok. I reset the receiver several times but still no movement from the motor.
Does anybody know how to reset the motor itself. I was checking but i could not locate a reset button. I am also thinking that the eastern mechanical limit was activated. Do I have to open the motor to deactivate this? I dont think the motor is gone because it actually rotated to the position its in now( hope I'm right). Any idea will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you mave have to motor to your true south position and do a factory reset of the receiver!

Up and Running Again

PSB said:
Sounds like you mave have to motor to your true south position and do a factory reset of the receiver!
I removed the motor and popped it open. The motor was stuck at the eastern end of travel and was unable to move. However while fooling around, I got it to move but it continued to the western end of travel and remained there. I could not get it to move.
I emailed stab-italia, described the problem and asked for advice as to where I can get parts to repair the motor. I then received a reply from Fortec Communications here in Mississauga, Ontario. They said they would supply me with the parts if I think I could fix it. I visited them yesteday morning and took along the motor with me. They gave me a refurbished replacement and took my malfunctioning motor from me. I went home and installed it immediately. So now everything is back to normal.:D

Yardie0,

I was wondering how old your original motor was? I too have a Stab HH90 with a 90 cm dish, and was wondering how long of a lifespan it might have. It sounds like yours was fairly new.

Glad your problem is resolved. :)

123tim said:
Yardie0,

I was wondering how old your original motor was? I too have a Stab HH90 with a 90 cm dish, and was wondering how long of a lifespan it might have. It sounds like yours was fairly new.

Glad your problem is resolved. :)
The motor is under 1 year old. Its about 6 months since I first installed it. It is so much easier to install than my other motor which does not have the USALS feature.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts