Status
Please reply by conversation.

Nov-01

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 7, 2014
SC
Hey Y'all,
Sitting here in yard with a TV and a MiniHdSE trying to get the STAB motor running.

Anybody wanna play?

Thx Cale/K4CDN

It's actually moved a time or two, but nothing seen/found re:signal as of yet

Now it's dark and pouring rain so I'm done tonight. Will hit it again in the morning

Thanks Guys!

I had Michael's PDF printed, and it's the guide I've been studying and used yesterday. My Lat is 81, so I'm guessing this is the closest to me: Arsat 2 at 81.0°W?
according to LyngSat...so where do I find the transponder info?

this is my LNB (from KE4EST) SL2PLL LNBF by GEOSATpro "World's First PLL Standard Dual LNBF" *PLL LNB*
looked up history on ebay (didn't realize I bought my Amiko box from you too!) time flies...

anyways, I've been called off the project for the rest of the day today-maybe back later this evening to continue to tackle.

thanks again!

Reactions: hank123
Thx for the correction. Dyslexia :)

Still no dice , no signal rec'd at all, dish move as it should, lay/long entered at USALS screen. Guessing there is a missing piece somewhere that is causing the issue :(

Not finding the spot with the Mini HD to enter transponder or Horizontal/Vertical or known symbol rate?

Still plugging/sweating away

Thx

Here are some pictures

Attachments

• IMG_20160724_204024.jpg
    IMG_20160724_204024.jpg
    494.6 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_20160724_204036.jpg
    IMG_20160724_204036.jpg
    768.7 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_20160724_204131.jpg
    IMG_20160724_204131.jpg
    305.3 KB · Views: 129
Thx for the correction. Dyslexia :)

Still no dice , no signal rec'd at all, dish move as it should, lay/long entered at USALS screen. Guessing there is a missing piece somewhere that is causing the issue :(

Not finding the spot with the Mini HD to enter transponder or Horizontal/Vertical or known symbol rate?

Still plugging/sweating away

Thx
Double check that your pole is perfectly plumb, motor is set for correct latitude and lnb is skewed to zero (motor will take care of skew for you). I'm not in front of my Amiko Mini HD SE but I believe the transponder settings are accessed under Satellite Installation. Select the sat you want and USALS should move the dish. The transponders are listed under TP Index. You can select a known good one or press the Yellow button to add or edit them. Once the dish has moved to the sat and you are using a known good transponder you should be able to tweak your dish and get a Q reading then do a scan. :)

Reactions: hank123 and Nov-01
Hope this does not further complicate the setup. Here's something totally different. Why not try for Gal 19 at 97W. It should be easy to find. Just about all TPs are DVB-S, with strong signals. Then send the motor back to 82w or 87w and peak for max S and Q.

Reactions: Nov-01
Now it's dark and pouring rain so I'm done tonight. Will hit it again in the morning

This gives me nasty flashbacks...

I must have tried about a half a dozen times to get a motorized system to work and ended up in this exact situation. Let us know if you succeed!

Reactions: Nov-01
NADA to this point, it's supposed to be 'cool' in the morning and I'm contemplating trying again. We'll see

Cale I just saw this, but I replied to your email. Better get a good strong cup of coffee ready before you read it. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)