Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Just a FYI to the folks out there a tip so you don't make the same mistake I did

Put a 2nd motorizxed setup up on the roof...there is plenty of clearance (about 3 inches) for the true south....but if you have motor limits settings, make sure you set them :)

I didn't and well, lets say tonight I will be busy. I was motoring over to the far western area when I hear what sounds like someone shoveling. Yep, LNB scraping the roof (whoops).

What sucks is my Pansat would reset the motor to go back to true south. The KUsat doesn't...so it screwed up my settings (and my elevation) :mad:

just a friendly tip from your fellow Satelliteguy :)

If you don't trust the software limits on your receiver the SG2100 has hardware limit sliders you can easily adjust by taking the main shaft off the motor.

I had the same problem when I put up my Primestar dish. The 80CM dish has plenty of clearance, but the Primestar hits the roof when I try to go to Hispasat. I was just looking at it yesterday trying to determine where I could move the dish to so that I could get that far east.

I too used the hardware limiters and haven't had any mishaps as my "Weather Station" is directly behind one of my dishes.

That would be almost as upsetting as losing some roof... :)

Good luck fixing the roof ICE as it is a hot one today both in the south and north.

not the roof :)

just the dish...have to move it back to where it was. T6 (tru south) is fine but AMC3 is out of whack and anything east of there (AMC9, SBS6)...nada

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)