Status
Please reply by conversation.

Larobpra

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
North of "Upstate NY"
:rant:

Turned on the MercuryII yesterday and came up with "No Signal" on 97°W. I went to the back of the house to look out the window and the dish looked like it was pointed toward 123°. So I decided to try moving it, selected 101°, it moved a little like it should, but it was still nowhere near where it was supposed to be. I then went and moved it to 83° and it still was off. So I go to 74°, my true south sat, push "go to 0" and start reprogramming in my sats. Got most everything with anything on them back in as far as 101°, was back on 97° when I shut down last night and went to bed. This morning I turn it on, again "No Signal". I look and it's off again just like the day before. So to avoid going back and forth from the front to the back of the house, I move the receiver to the back room where I can see the dish through the window, and start in again reprogramming. This time I do all the sats, and am on 101° when I turn it off. So after supper I move the receiver back to the living room, turn it on and "No Signal". I go look, the dish is too far west again. I move it to 74° and it goes all the way east to the limit. I try to send it to 72°, it doesn't move. I select 74°, do the "Go to 0" which it does fine, go out and push the reset button a couple times just for good measure, come back in, try going between 72° and 74° and end up all the way east again. I'm about at the end of my rope with this. I have always used Diseqc 1.2 to run the motor as USALS was off somewhat as others have noted here and it has worked great until yesterday. Today when reprogramming, I would watch to see where the dish would stop when moving to the next sat, (I started at 72° and moved west) and if it went way past, I would switch to USALS which would get it back close to where it should be, then back to Diseqc to fine tune it in and then hit store. It was west on everything but 125° and 129° and they swung it way back east, but not to the limit. I did away with 129° as there is nothing there, and did redo 125°, although I don't watch it as we have 3 PBS OTA here. I rarely go past 101°, and then only to see if there is anything new on 123°.

I guess what I really want to know is, is it my receiver or my motor? :confused:

And on another note, this "time out" thing on the new board is the only thing that REALLY irks me. I had to sign in again to preview this post! :rant:
Has no one else noticed this? If you are away for any length of time you have to sign in again.

I cannot help you with the motor problem, but there is an option in the log on box that you can check and your computer should "Remember..." you. The only time I have to sign back in is when my computer has a problem

I had a similar problem

I had a very similar problem as you. I placed another receiver on the motor and the problem went away. Do you have another receiver to try. Like an old Coolsat something similar.

Based on the way you explained it I would vote the receiver is the problem and not the motor. Of course, that is a guess based on what I saw with a Merc II.

I've got a Visionsat I can try although I have never used it with the motor.

The "Remember me" thing doesn't seem to work for me either.

Probably the mercury 2, others noted problems with that one controlling a motor. Curiously, I don't recall having a problem with mine running my motor, but I have always used USALS. It seems to be accurate for what I view, which is 63-125W . I think others have problems programming in new satellites, or something, but I haven't yet. What it would do with 1.2, you may have already discovered. One thing it does do, with USALS though, if I accidentally scroll off the channel list of the sat I'm watching, it seems to just take off to the satellite that next channel is on automatically, and will not stop until it gets there. So I have to be very careful because of the way this thing does its channel list, if it would separate them and only show those on the current satellite it would be wonderful.

I see you have a SG2100 in your signature, I have one of those and every once in awhile it goes nuts and needs to have the zero reset at the motor and then it will work fine, no changes at the receiver.

Today the motor will not move between sats the way it is supposed to, but stayed where was last night OK. I can manually move it with Fine Move, but if I use the Move command, it will not stop until it reaches the limit either way. This is after a reset and hooking up to the Visionsat and programming it for the motor. Works the same w/ both receivers, so I am assuming it must be the motor. Anyone else have any ideas?

I assume one switch

I assume you have one DiSEqC 4x1 switch - - - is that correct?

If so have you tried without the switch? I had a port go back on my switch and it caused some strange behavior.

if it would separate them and only show those on the current satellite it would be wonderful.
I am able to have them separated by satellite. In the setup menu under "System Setup" choose "Others" then select "Position" for the "Satellite Sort". It should give you your sat list when you push the "SAT" button on the remote, then you select the sat you want and it gives you just the channels on that sat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts